PDA

View Full Version : Quick Q, on push to talk

Geremy Britton
10-22-2007, 06:38 AM
I have vox atc software which enables you to talk to atc using your own voice, as many of you will already be aware.

My problem is the default key for the push to talk button in vox atc is the spacebar on the keyboard. But now i have a yoke i want to assign the push to talk via a pushbutton on the yoke.

Does anyone know where i can change this command, becuase my aim to to get rid of the keyboard in the cockpit! :D

mauriceb
10-22-2007, 08:28 AM
I have vox atc software which enables you to talk to atc using your own voice, as many of you will already be aware.

My problem is the default key for the push to talk button in vox atc is the spacebar on the keyboard. But now i have a yoke i want to assign the push to talk via a pushbutton on the yoke.

Does anyone know where i can change this command, becuase my aim to to get rid of the keyboard in the cockpit! :D

You can assign a yoke pushbutton button via FSUIPC (look in key assignments; there is a push to talk switch assignment somewhere in there)

Maurice

Geremy Britton
10-22-2007, 09:07 AM
had a quick look under equivilent headings - knowhere to be seen in fsuipc:mad:

JBaymore
10-22-2007, 09:11 AM
"how to" is listed in the FSUIPC SDK ....guide for advanced programmers.

Don;t have that in front of me now... but look on Pete Dowsopn;s website...... it is in the download links at the bottom.

best,

..................john

mauriceb
10-22-2007, 09:26 AM
had a quick look under equivilent headings - knowhere to be seen in fsuipc:mad:

Take a longer look... it's there, I did it. (maybe not in freeware version of FSUIPC)

Michael Carter
10-22-2007, 12:33 PM
It is there. I use it too on the Boeing yoke.

Geremy Britton
10-22-2007, 12:37 PM
thanks guys at least i know there is one - will trawl through the list next time in am on fs:roll:

Cheers