PDA

View Full Version : Looking for "Below GS" and "Spoilers armed" annunciator light offset

PeterH
01-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Hi,

anyone out there who knows the offsets for (B737) "Below GS" , "Stab out of trim" and "Spoilers armed" lights?

Any hint highly appreciated.

Thanks and best rgds

Peter

npbosch
01-16-2008, 02:02 PM
offset 04FE length 2 PFD Various (Read Only)
Bit 0 Windshear
1 Below G/S
2 Caution
3 Warning
6 Eight Mode ND Active
7 Seatbelt Sign
8 No Smoking Sign
9 Weather Radar (Captain)
10 EGPWS/Terrain (Captain)
11 TCAS Active (Captain)

13 TCAS WARNING
14 TCAS ALERT

http://www.projectmagenta.com/pmoffsets.html

This is one of the special offsets within fsuipc reserved for PM. I do not know for sure whether you would need the PM software to use it. I think the PM software somehow looks via this offset into FS to see whether the plane is below GS or not. Then you could read this offset with other software too.

You could use fsinterrogate (see the dowson page on www.schiratti.com) and down the sdk package. Then fly an approach under the GS and look with fsinterrogate into 04Fe.

Post your result here please.

Bob Reed
01-16-2008, 02:11 PM
If this is a PM only offset, it will not work without PM. Yes FSUIPC will read the data for the offset but it has nothing to pass the offset to.

Thomas Richter
01-16-2008, 02:19 PM
offset 04FE length 2 PFD Various (Read Only)

Post your result here please.

Offset 04FE does nothing without a running PFD because the Offset is a PM Offset. That means only PFD writes to this OFFset and not FS or anything else.

Peter Dowson
01-16-2008, 04:04 PM
anyone out there who knows the offsets for (B737) "Below GS" , "Stab out of trim" and "Spoilers armed" lights?

Not sure about lights, but as documented in the FSUIPC SDK, the spoiler arm flag in FS (with or without PM) is at 0BCC. There's no easy flag for "below G/S". The FS G/S needle position is in the 1 signed byte offset 0C49, ranging from -127 "up" to +127 "down". I think the up and down refer to the needle position, not the aircraft, so a +ve number would mean you are below the GS. But for a warning you'd want to allow a little leeway.

Regards

Pete

PeterH
01-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Hi,

meanwhile found an offset for "Below GS" under 4FE Bit 1.
There´s also "Master warning" and "Caution" Bits 2 and 3.
I´m a bit confused about that Master Warning (or is it Fire warn?) and Master caution as there are other offsets for this as well. So which ones are the ones to use for the Master warning Push button and its light and for the Master Caution push button and its light? In the sysvar there are different offsets for example the caution switch (56F3.1 and 56F8.0).

Currently I´m desperately trying to get my sixpacks working, but to no avail I can figure out a logic in its behaviour. Once I reload the PMsystem I can get e.g. the Flt Ctrl light to come up by switching off the Yaw damper on the 737 overhead. This works until I push the recall switch or the Master caution. Then APU, Elec, Eng and FLTCtrl as well as HYD, Anti Ice, Doors get illuminated and will not go off even on the overhead everything seems to be ok. Also the Master Warning is lit (56F8.0) and can´t be cancelled.

Tried besides the stock 737 Pmsystems file different other logic files as given here in this forum, but all behave the same illogical way. Can someone please explain the difference between offset 5530 /5531 and the offsets 5540 / 5541 as they both could be read by my sixpack Led HW. Which ones are the right ones for the sixpack lights and which ones are the right offsets for the master warning (red), master caution (yellow) and the recall push button (operated by pushing in the sixpack)?

What am I doing wrong here?

Any hints highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance

Best rgds

Peter

luisgordo
02-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Any answer to this last question?

Do the Master Warning and Master Caution lights/switches work within PM (maybe only for boeing, but not for airbus?).

What about the BelowG/S offset?

And to complete the thing, any OFFSET for turning on a LED for GPWS warnings? I think I found one, but didn't seem to work...

Thanks!

Thomas Richter
02-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Any answer to this last question?

Do the Master Warning and Master Caution lights/switches work within PM (maybe only for boeing, but not for airbus?).

This controlled by pmSystems logic and pmMCP.

What about the BelowG/S offset?

Just use the Offset, it works!

And to complete the thing, any OFFSET for turning on a LED for GPWS warnings? I think I found one, but didn't seem to work...
Thanks!

Because there is no logic that controls this Offset, it cannot work.

luisgordo
02-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Thomas, can you give me any guidelines for writing logics in pmSystems? I am already familiar with several programming languages, and would like to write several things for pmSystems A320 logics, including the GPWS, the Master Warning and Master Caution.
Thanks!

Thomas Richter
02-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Thomas, can you give me any guidelines for writing logics in pmSystems? I am already familiar with several programming languages,

I don't what more is needed than this because the pmSystems language has simple syntax like a simple Basic language, any other is your own creativity.

I don't know what I can tell more!?

luisgordo
02-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Well Thomas, you were right. Quite straightforward programming in pmSystems. I am in the process of writing the ECAM actions, but I have encountered a side problem, and this is the order in which the lines are displayed in the upper ECAM page.
It looks like the lines are displayed as soon as the condition to display is met. This can create problems when different actions are written based on different conditions (ie. incorrect order displayed on ECAM page). I am thinking about 2 ways this could be solved:
1.- Is there any way to order somehow the messages displayed?
2.- Is there any way several lines can be written by one single "setmessage" command?

Thanks!

BTW, I got the "Below G/S" indicator to work in my setup! :)
Still fiddling with the GPWS...

eudoniga
03-04-2008, 11:54 AM
... think about those poor uneducated souls who desperately tried to make one single "setmessage" command (added to the PMSystems' logics) work on the Boeing 737 GC, trying to follow the suggested syntaxe strictly ...

... and, yet, they see nothing happen !!!

:?

Thomas Richter
03-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Well Thomas, you were right. Quite straightforward programming in pmSystems. I am in the process of writing the ECAM actions, but I have encountered a side problem, and this is the order in which the lines are displayed in the upper ECAM page.
It looks like the lines are displayed as soon as the condition to display is met. This can create problems when different actions are written based on different conditions (ie. incorrect order displayed on ECAM page). I am thinking about 2 ways this could be solved:
1.- Is there any way to order somehow the messages displayed?
2.- Is there any way several lines can be written by one single "setmessage" command?

Thanks!

BTW, I got the "Below G/S" indicator to work in my setup! :)
Still fiddling with the GPWS...

1/ The messages are ordered by GC, new ones goes on top I think.
2/ No.

Thomas Richter
03-04-2008, 01:44 PM
... think about those poor uneducated souls who desperately tried to make one single "setmessage" command (added to the PMSystems' logics) work on the Boeing 737 GC, trying to follow the suggested syntaxe strictly ...

... and, yet, they see nothing happen !!!

:?

Works as well in Boeing GC like it is described!

eudoniga
03-05-2008, 05:41 AM
... but I can't !!!

You know what ?

The additional lines you sent me about TSR Autobrake Pro, which I faithfully copied and pasted into my PMSystems logics (Setmessage commands plus disablegcmessage) did NOTHING.

Now, since you sent me the Autobrake Display gauge, which I put close to the Eicas panel, I paid no particular attention to this.

But - as a matter of fact - it doesn't work !!!

Regards,
Eugenio.

:roll:

Thomas Richter
03-05-2008, 05:49 AM
... but I can't !!!

You know what ?

The additional lines you sent me about TSR Autobrake Pro, which I faithfully copied and pasted into my PMSystems logics (Setmessage commands plus disablegcmessage) did NOTHING.

Now, since you sent me the Autobrake Display gauge, which I put close to the Eicas panel, I paid no particular attention to this.

But - as a matter of fact - it doesn't work !!!

Regards,
Eugenio.

:roll:

just copy one of the Setmessage lines YOU placed in your lgc file. Don't copy the one I sent, only the one you placed!

eudoniga
03-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Gosh, Thomas, I don't read you here ...

What's best than your lines, to avoid any possible syntax error from my part ?

It was those lines, that I copied and pasted into the logics ...

with no result: I do not see the new messages displaying the autobrake status.

I also made sure that "show controls" is off ...

What else can I do ?

Regds,

Thomas Richter
03-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Gosh, Thomas, I don't read you here ...

What's best than your lines, to avoid any possible syntax error from my part ?

It was those lines, that I copied and pasted into the logics ...

with no result: I do not see the new messages displaying the autobrake status.

I also made sure that "show controls" is off ...

What else can I do ?

Regds,

When the software has been running (with the Setmessage lines) just goto GC folder and copy the message.txt file to see what is in there.