PDA

View Full Version : Let me introduce my 2 pilots and new MIP

737NUT
02-09-2008, 09:52 AM
After another day of work, i have the MIP mounted and ready for interfacing and gauges. Starting to look allot like a 727 now.
My kids are Zachary, age 7, who wants to be a pilot and can land the 727 already!!

Lexi is 4 and not sure yet if she wants to be a pilot because she doesn't like their outfits!! :)

She does like to be a co-pilot and talk on the PA system.

Trevor Hale
02-09-2008, 10:16 AM
How cute.. Looks like you have a family of pilots on the horizon. Great stuff.

Trev

Michael Carter
02-09-2008, 10:40 AM
That's really coming together Rob. Looking great.

Is that a Collins Pro-Line bezel I see at the left of the engine gauge panel?

737NUT
02-09-2008, 11:39 AM
That's really coming together Rob. Looking great.

Is that a Collins Pro-Line bezel I see at the left of the engine gauge panel?

That was on there when i got them so not sure. The VSI gauge is a simkits. Works great but assembly is a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Carter
02-09-2008, 01:27 PM
The reason I ask, is because that's what I'm using for my ADI and HSI bezels. The look really good and fit right in for a retro-fit to those two instruments in glass.

The very first one I bought I'm putting up for sale as soon as I get some pictures taken. They won't fit your glass holes though.

Michael Carter
02-09-2008, 11:26 PM
I tried to post this this morning of the Collins glass bezels but Photobucket wasn't cooperating.

I wish my homemade bezels had the anti-reflective coating too.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/boeing722/CollinsBezels.jpg

DAL900
02-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Rob,
When you say the simkits VSI gauge was a joke, do you mean it was a pain or is it junk? Did you get the universal usb kit that has all the face plates? I was looking in to buying the VSI and several other guages

Chuck

Efe Cem Elci
02-10-2008, 01:34 AM
Rob,
When you say the simkits VSI gauge was a joke, do you mean it was a pain or is it junk? Did you get the universal usb kit that has all the face plates? I was looking in to buying the VSI and several other guages

Chuck

I interpreted it as a negative, but I guess it depends on how you look at jokes. ;)

737NUT
02-10-2008, 05:44 AM
I got the USB version
I'll try and explain, download the manual and look at the assembly. When you figure out how to tighten 4 screws that are UNDER the gauge face plate which is UNDER the pointer which must be attached before doing any of the above! IMPOSSIBLE! I consider myself above average in mechanical assembly skills and all this kit did was piss me off! After i got it together, it works good enough to shoot an ILS approach by hand using the VSI to maintain 700fpm desent.

Sum it up, scale 1-10 10 being best.

Directions-- 2
amount of parts included -- 9
(kind of false advertising unless you read the fine print hidden) Adds and box state 'Everything included to build 1 small or 1 large gauge' Where is the servo then??? :)

Assembly-1

Looks of gauge after assembled--9

Backlighting-- 4

Performance-- 9

Software-- 7

Calibration software-- 10

Any questions, let me know

rottenlungs
02-12-2008, 05:07 AM
Nice to see the young pilots there. My eldest is 2 and 1/2 and likes to 'Boof planes' with dad. He has progressed to being able to take-off in the SF260 without immediately pitching up into a stall but as soon as we have a couple of hundred feet he aims for the ground with great glee!

Great work on the pit there - using a real MIP and TQ really does step up the realism compared to the mdf/perspex contrivance I`m working on

Cheers

James

737NUT
02-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Thanks guys! I got allot of the annunciators wired up and working now. I need to shoot a video.

jmig
02-17-2008, 11:01 PM
I love your pilots. :D