PDA

View Full Version : pmSounds How to STOP sound

luisgordo
03-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi folks,

Is there any way to stop a sound that is being played by pmSounds?

I know you have an "Inhibit" function, in the .INI file, which I think only prevents the particular sound from being played, but does not stop the sound actually being heard (usefull when talking about long duration playbacks).

Can anyone shed some light on this one?

Thanks!!

Trevor Hale
03-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Hey Louis,

Maybe I don't understand your question, however if you don't want a particular sound to play, uncheck the box next to the sound, and it won't play.

Trev

luisgordo
03-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Hi Trevor,

My question is: How to stop a sound that is being played?

I know I can avoid it from being played "again" or at all, by unchecking the box, but that is useful for short sounds. What if I had an "ambience" type of sound playing and you want to just turn it off at a given moment?

I hope I expressed myself clear enough now...

Trevor Hale
03-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Ahhh, I understand, kind of a sound inhibit button.

I am pretty sure there is an inhibit button for GPWS sounds, (Offset in FSUIPC) But I don't know off the top of my head what it is. thats the only thing I could suggest. As for (wind noise, or Engine Noise) I think your beat. Maybe email Project Magenta and ask them, only I would suggest in your email you specify the sound that you wish to inhibit.

It gets especially annoying when your (Too Low Flaps) annunciates over and over again.

Best regards,

Trev