PDA

View Full Version : New member (fanatic)

Gordon Turner
03-26-2008, 01:56 AM
Hello everybody,

Finally decided to join the ever growing band of bloggers.:D
I have been building flight sims for about 12 months and am constantly amazed at the growing number and level of sophistication of other builders out there. My first sim was a Cessna using SimKit and Go Flight parts and accessories (I'll upload photos) but I soon decided that the real challenge was in building the heavies. Like everybody, I've been trawling the web for info and details for months and again like everybody I quickly contracted information overload, but in time you get a reliable list of web sites for technical and practical information.

Having recently retired I find I have much more time to commit to my new hobby (luckily the wife wants to continue working) and my new baby - a 737 NG - is becoming a bigger project with each days developments.

I look forward to a long association with you all and hopefully can add to the wealth of knowledge already available.

Keep up the good work.

Gordon Turner

Rodney
03-26-2008, 08:34 AM
Welcome to the hobby Gordon! There are many builders here whom have much knowledge. As you continue to build and sometimes hit a snag, remember that someone most likely has done it before and solutions are plentifull. And as your project progresses, we like pictures!

Again Welcome!

magicaldr
03-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Hi Gordon, welcome to the fold :)

Westozy
03-26-2008, 08:54 AM
Welcome Gordon,

That's what we need, more aussies!!!

Gwyn

Bob Reed
03-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Hey Gordon. Nice to have you here! Look forward to the pictures!

Trevor Hale
03-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Hey Gordon,

Your pictures are amazing. Your really doing a great job.

I especially love your seat, no wonder your ready to make another one. Good on ya.

Can't wait to see more of it come together.

Trev

Matt Olieman
03-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Gordon, welcome to MyCockpit.org. You certainly qualify as being one or our madness members..... and mostly misunderstood by others :) :) :) But as you can see, you're not alone.... we're here to support each other with our madness :) :) :)

Your pictures are wonderful, you do fantastic work.... I'm so very much impressed!!!!

Glad you are willing to join in,
Matt Olieman

Kennair
03-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Hi Gordon,

The West Coast welcomes you, but I'm sorry, there is no cure!

Ken :)

Gordon Turner
03-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Welcome Gordon,

That's what we need, more aussies!!!

Gwyn

I owe a personal thank you to you Westozy (or is it Gwyn) as it was your pictures that really got me hooked. Keep up the great work and uploading. Best regards, Gordon:p

Gordon Turner
03-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the comment Trevor. It;s great to have a single site to go for all your information needs. Keep up the good work. Best regards, Gordon

Gordon Turner
03-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Matt. When I show what I've done to the wife and kids they always seem less than impressed. Still were a pretty geeky bunch and can see the effort that goes into each build. Best regards, Gordon

Westozy
03-26-2008, 11:12 PM
I owe a personal thank you to you Westozy (or is it Gwyn) as it was your pictures that really got me hooked. Keep up the great work and uploading. Best regards, Gordon:p

Cheers Gordon,

I'm thrilled to be acknowledged as an inspiration to build a sim. I was also inspired by other members and there were only 50 odd here when I joined up. If you need any mechanical tech advice or more pictures to help you build your sim give me a call. If you ever come west be sure to look me up and come and have a fly!

Gwyn (real name!)