PDA

View Full Version : FSUIPC issue?

DENNIS ORSAG
03-27-2008, 03:31 PM
Hi

Quick question, I just "registered" a new version of FSUIPC 3.80 , when I open it from the modules window in F's, the fsuipc window is sized in a way that it only shows what looks like, the "upper left" corner of the FSUIPC window. Hence I am unable to see all features and can't register wide view. Have you ever heard of this?:-?

regards

Dennis

autocadplease
03-27-2008, 09:27 PM
That sounds weird! Search Pete's support forum and see if anyone else has had that happen - or post your question there. Pete is quick to respond.
http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54

Peter Dowson
03-28-2008, 07:07 AM
Quick question, I just "registered" a new version of FSUIPC 3.80 , when I open it from the modules window in F's, the fsuipc window is sized in a way that it only shows what looks like, the "upper left" corner of the FSUIPC window. Hence I am unable to see all features and can't register wide view. Have you ever heard of this?:-?

The FSUIPC dialogues are standard Windows windows -- the sizes and fonts are not decided by FSUIPC, but by Windows own libraries. The usual reason the fonts are too big for the window is a version of COMCTL32.DLL installed which is not compatible (uses different screen units) with the main graphics library in Windows. In the past this has been a fault of some video driver packages which overwrite the "official" MS version of this library with their own OEM version, without regard to the versioning.

Before attempting to repair Windows, you might want to check your desktop font settings -- right click, Properties, Appearance, Font Size. Make sure that is "Normal". If that doesn't help, or you need a large font size for other reasons, then I'm afraid it's a repair job. You'd need to get Windows to reinstall its own library. Not sure how to do that easily, as COMCTL32 is used a lot. If you do a clean boot, or a "safe boot" into Windows, you might be able to get it replaced from Windows backup or CDRom.

Regards

Pete

DENNIS ORSAG
03-30-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi

Thanks for the reply and suggestion

kind regards

Dennis

DENNIS ORSAG
03-30-2008, 10:50 AM
The FSUIPC dialogues are standard Windows windows -- the sizes and fonts are not decided by FSUIPC, but by Windows own libraries. The usual reason the fonts are too big for the window is a version of COMCTL32.DLL installed which is not compatible (uses different screen units) with the main graphics library in Windows. In the past this has been a fault of some video driver packages which overwrite the "official" MS version of this library with their own OEM version, without regard to the versioning.

Before attempting to repair Windows, you might want to check your desktop font settings -- right click, Properties, Appearance, Font Size. Make sure that is "Normal". If that doesn't help, or you need a large font size for other reasons, then I'm afraid it's a repair job. You'd need to get Windows to reinstall its own library. Not sure how to do that easily, as COMCTL32 is used a lot. If you do a clean boot, or a "safe boot" into Windows, you might be able to get it replaced from Windows backup or CDRom.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

Thank you for the reply and info. I will work on this today.

kind regards:)

Dennis