PDA

View Full Version : 2 Jet Eng Throttle Question

Simran737
04-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Hi,

I finally found the FS9 cfg (thanks to your suggestions).

I did delete in cfg what I could find of flight controls/axis settings and am using FSUIPC to set controls/axis.

What I noticed was when I went into FS2004 controls, under sensitivity, I see that my Jet throttles 1 and 2 are on high sensitivity, and if I move the slider to zero, the throttles cease to move!!!! I also notice that the rudder, pitch, brakes, and roll all have the sensitivity sliders at diff spots.

I hit reset deflauts and lost all throttles and the rudder for that set. I had to set them up again under joysticks, assign their letters (by moving the axis thus setting it). Rudder was OK to set, except the throttles, as the damm rev would come on, but after a while I finally got them OK. Setting the throttles can be a bitch to get it just right so the rev does not come on when in idle position.

So the main question is it seems that the axis, or at least the throttles in my case, are dependant on the sensitivity sliders, to work. Is that so? Have you seen this or had that happen. It seems that one cannot completely void the FS2004 game controls of axis vs FSUIPC? Am I wrong here. How would one over come these sensitivity settings and be able to just set axis thru FSUIPC.

Randy

Kennair
04-06-2008, 06:53 AM
Hi Randy,

Pain in the bum isn't it! If you're using FSUIPC, FS sensitivities should be set to maximum. If you want to adjust any of the sensitivities, use the Slope function in FSUIPC.

However all axis references should be removed in FS if you are using FSUIPC to set them up.

Ken.

Michael Carter
04-06-2008, 07:36 AM
Yes, they are a PITA to set up. Setting up three is worse than two.

I have never been able to get #1 perfectly synched with #2 & #3. It's always been about a half a knob diameter ahead of the other two except at ground Idle.

It would be nice to have the option in FSUIPC to lock out the reverser function on the throttle page.

Trevor Hale
04-06-2008, 08:40 AM
It would be nice to have the option in FSUIPC to lock out the reverser function on the throttle page.

Yes Mike it would, although, I am sure you are aware if you edit the config file you can set a value for the reverse way below the minimum value of the pot, and you will have no worries of it ever Reversing on you :)

Trev

Michael Carter
04-06-2008, 09:10 AM
I have tried that along with other edits, but I don't think I know what I'm doing.

I'm not much of a programmer. I see ten million lines in that .config file and have no idea which ones are actually controlling the throttles. There are several duplicates of each throttle, button, switch, etc, etc.:!:

mterm
04-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Trev,
When you are in the FS9.CFG file do you just delete everything under the (joystick_main) and (joystick_slew) headings. They are both listed twice in my FS9.CFG file.

Simran737
04-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Hi all, thanks for the info.

Trev, to add to that last question, I also see many axis and control files in the CFG. I see keyboard ones, and joystick (which I took out). I cant be sure, but I did delete the throttles out of CFG and thats when they went from my setup? Cant be sure, cause I did do reset defaults also in FS controls.

Again, there are main headings in CFG, but under many of those, one sees codes that appear to maybe be related to axis or controls? Which again should be deleted. Should all slew stuff be delelted? I did make a backup of the first CFG, so dont worry.

Randy