PDA

View Full Version : Where oh where has the 340 gone?

warvet
04-19-2008, 05:57 AM
Just a big ? how many guys out there on this forum are building an A340? By the way Matt did you set the 340 back up yet? Can I see some photos, I absolutely love your setup. Another question I'll be calling you soon Matt cause I really need some help with getting my thrust levers going properly, Im using GF TQ-8 right now as a controller with slide pots, but I heard its better to go with string pots any thoughts? Anyone know what and where to get string pots for thrust lever use? Matt also I still cant find the toggle switches that screw on the start toggles you had made for me Matt. Does anyone have any additional information on setting up 2 joysticks and rudder pedals with FSUIPC, how to actually setup the FSUIPC what numbers to use etc. Thank you guys so much in advance, I know im a computer idiot lol

Tim
A340
Canada

Matt Olieman
04-19-2008, 08:59 AM
Tim I'm not worth a HOOT right now... I'm learning new things here every day. Regarding my cockpit.... OUCH!!!! sore question. It's been out of commission for 1 1/2 years. I only get to play with the components in my office on an occasion :(

Regarding the Throttle, my plan is to redo my pot set up and go with string pots. Reverse thrust, I'm going with string pots. My rudder pedals came out of an actual Airbus Simulator, both are linked easy to connect to a pot :)

Regarding the Toggle siwtches... If I recall.... you only needed one?

Regarding help.... MAN.... lot of guys got a lot smarter then me and a very few short years... and I'm glad they're here to help :) :) :)

Matt O.

warvet
04-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Lol Matt,
srry to hear about the sim in mothballs my friend. Regarding the switches you gave me 1 I still need 3 :( Ya I think Im going to 86 my linear pots and go to string any thoughts on which ones to buy?

Tim
A340
Canada

Matt Olieman
04-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Lol Matt,
srry to hear about the sim in mothballs my friend. Regarding the switches you gave me 1 I still need 3 :( Ya I think Im going to 86 my linear pots and go to string any thoughts on which ones to buy?

Tim
A340
Canada

Regarding switches: I'll have to dig deep to find out wich ones those are and where I got them.

Linerar Pots:

http://mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12099&highlight=string+pots

Post #6

Matt O.

Simran737
04-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Hi there War,

Listen, I am concerned that you seem a little slow there in your moves! I would think that even Sensei Ueshiba (though not his style of arts) when he was 80 or so, could toss you around with his eyes closed!

Now I can give you some lessions in Ran Hop Tu, for sim parts. Well worth the price.

Don't worry, I won't hurt your yoke arm.

Capt. Randy

Matt Olieman
04-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Lol Matt,

Tim
A340
Canada

Tim, this is the best I can do... Spent a couple of hours searching for the switch information, just can't find it, I don't recall who I bought it from. I took a pic of a spare, the part number is next to the switch. I found similar switches at Alliedelec.com. I also attached a PDF of the page from Allied, Locking Toggles.

Hope this helps.

Matt O.

warvet
04-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Matt,
You truly are the best, thank you so much my friend, most people would have done a 1/4 that much effort lol :) Greatly appreciated.

Tim
A340
Canada

ivar hestnes
04-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Check this one Tim http://cgi.ebay.com/Eaton-Locking-Lever-Toggle-Switches-SP-DT_W0QQitemZ220139946832QQihZ012QQcategoryZ55826QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Lots of switches on ebay

:)

warvet
04-19-2008, 09:34 PM
Ivar,
Thank you my friend however the stem of the toggle must fit perfectly into the Toggle cover that Matt O made for me. The problem is not finding a switch the problem is finding a switch that screws into that cover.

Tim
A340
Canada

Trevor Hale
04-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Tim

Is that picture a locking toggle, one that you need to pull before you can actuate it as well?

Trev

ivar hestnes
04-20-2008, 06:22 AM
Ivar,
Thank you my friend however the stem of the toggle must fit perfectly into the Toggle cover that Matt O made for me. The problem is not finding a switch the problem is finding a switch that screws into that cover.

Tim
A340
Canada

Aha:)

Sim-building is really a trial. Lots of patience needed. And finding the exact piece is often tricky.

Hope you find the pieces you need my friend:)

warvet
04-20-2008, 06:36 AM
Ivar,
Thank you my friend for all the kindness and concern you constantly extend to myself and all builders you are true friend and gentleman.

Regards Tim
A340

warvet
04-20-2008, 06:45 AM
Randy,
You are absolutely right now that Im 45 Im definitely slower as you can tell by the video, so sorry about that. I'll try to get some more practice in and speed up abit more. Yes Indeed OSensei was a truly amazing man so is his son.

Regards Tim

Matt Olieman
04-20-2008, 09:47 AM
Tim

Is that picture a locking toggle, one that you need to pull before you can actuate it as well?

Trev

Trev, yes they are. Pull up and over, either way.

Tim, the cover don't screw in, doesn't have to be an exact fit, tighter is better. Set screw in the cover holds it in place.

I sold Peter Cos (FDS) a bunch. I think (not sure) he sold them to one or two of his customers. If they're here on site, if you can help recall what switch fits best? It would help :)

warvet
04-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Ok Matt,
Let me look at the one I have here. Ill let ya know.

Tim
A340
Canada

warvet
04-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Ok Matt,
The one I got here that you gave me is M-2012 on none on 6A.125V AC. I looked at the switch list you gave me and wow I got totally lost lol (Not hard to do) the problem I find is getting the right handle to fit into the switch covers you made. Thoughts?

Tim
A340
Canada

Matt Olieman
04-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Ok Matt,
The one I got here that you gave me is M-2012 on none on 6A.125V AC. I looked at the switch list you gave me and wow I got totally lost lol (Not hard to do) the problem I find is getting the right handle to fit into the switch covers you made. Thoughts?

Tim
A340
Canada

Did some more digging into my past purchasing... Found it!!!!

Here you go:

Item "E"

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/633/1550.pdf

Order here at mouser:
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=0cl9hjuNQoolsHKkqj6S%2fw%3d%3d

Matt O.