PDA

View Full Version : newbie from malaysia

helmi
06-02-2008, 10:35 AM
hi, i just joined the community recently though im not new in simming, ive been flying the PMDG 737 for the past 2 years.it is a daunting task here in malaysia to build a homemade cockpit as parts are ordered from US /Europe and transportation cost is a factor..Im still waiting for the PMDG 737NGX before deciding to build my own cockpit,as it has more functionality than the fs 2004 version.....but till then ill continue on my own research and most importantly keep on flying!

Tracy Hale
06-02-2008, 06:12 PM
helmi, welcome to MyCockpit.org. We are glad you could join us! :D

Trevor Hale
06-02-2008, 06:15 PM
hi, i just joined the community recently though im not new in simming, ive been flying the PMDG 737 for the past 2 years.it is a daunting task here in malaysia to build a homemade cockpit as parts are ordered from US /Europe and transportation cost is a factor..Im still waiting for the PMDG 737NGX before deciding to build my own cockpit,as it has more functionality than the fs 2004 version.....but till then ill continue on my own research and most importantly keep on flying!

Welcome to Mycockpit.org.

Glad to have you here, please feel free to look around and ask as many questions as you need.

I look forward to seeing your progress as you move forward.

Best regards,

Trev

chrisdanker
06-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Hi Helmi,

Welcome to this forum. I'm sure you'll find lots of information on how to build your own simulator.

For your information, I'm from Seremban and I've built my own sim as well and am still in the progress of upgrading it. I'll be more then glad to share whatever knowledge that I've managed to get from guys in this forum.

As you said, its an expensive hobby to get into , but once you're in, you're IN BIG time.......

WELCOME !
Regards,
Chris

chrisdanker
06-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Helmi,

Forgot to add this in earlier....check out this thread in mycockpit that I posted....

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12532

Chris

helmi
06-03-2008, 03:57 AM
Thanks everyone

Chris,
Im very much impressed with the cockpit that you have, How and where did you start? can you get some of the parts locally.?

chrisdanker
06-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Helmi,

You are more than welcome to talk about it with me.....I'm currently not in malaysia but will be back at the end of June. Private Message me you contact details and I could call you when I'm back.

Cheers,

Chris