PDA

View Full Version : 737NG A/P Disconnect Tone

ian@737ng.co.uk
07-30-2008, 02:58 AM
g'day captains.....
am i right in thinking that the 737NG emits a 4 'whoop' tone when the A/P is disconnected. i just realised that for years, i have been living with a PMDG file that only emits two tones.
i was just watching a cockpit video and thought hmmmm!
can anybody clarify it for me. i've already edited a new 4 tone wave file if indeed i'm right.
thanks as always guys....
best ... ian

mauriceb
07-30-2008, 07:16 AM
\
i just realised that for years, i have been living with a PMDG file that only emits two tones.

And that bothers you ??? :roll: Sorry, couldn't resist. :p This just confirms my opinion that simmers do edge towards insanity not too long after they venture into this hobby :-D :-D
One bit of advice though...if you are married, don't mention your 'discovery' to her; she just won't understand ;)

Maurice

ian@737ng.co.uk
07-30-2008, 10:40 AM
yes i am married and i remember when my wife used to make a 4 whoop tone when she was disconnected, but sadly now all the action is in the workshop.
seriously a genuine question. hoping chris danker or another boeing engineer could answer it.
cheers ... ian.

chrisdanker
07-30-2008, 10:59 AM
Ian,

Standby please for me to investigate with the B747 and the B737NG. I'm still trying to get over the disconnected 4 whoop sounds that you mentioned your wife makes...ahem :mrgreen: or used to make with you.:D

Simzation
07-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Actually the "whoop whoop" sound should be silenced by pressing the A/P disconnect switch twice. If you don't press the switch twice it could go on for more than 5 seconds, but I am not quite sure about the exact time.

Kind regards,

Boy Bruin

warvet
07-30-2008, 06:44 PM
All I know is if I kick you in the nuts :) you will make a Whoop Whoop sound, but if I grab your nuts and twist you'll make the whoop Whoop sound at least 4 times for sure and if I disconnect your nuts you can't imagine the Whoop sound you'll make. :)

Tim
A340
Canada

NicD
07-30-2008, 07:57 PM
The only sound I get now is... "ding-aling-aling-aling... OVERSPEED!! OVERSPEED!!" :p