PDA

View Full Version : Playseat Evolution for Flight Simulation?

dsnyder
08-05-2008, 12:51 AM
Stumbled across this gaming seat setup and wondered if anyone is using this for Flight Simulator - and more specifically, if they were able to build a cockpit around it??

www.playseats.com

Specifically, the Playseat Evolution

Looks like it would work as a nice seat, with stand for yoke and platform for rudder pedals. However, I wonder if the seat may be too reclined to allow the pilot to reach other gauges and switches (or even the overhead ones).

If you search this forum for "Playseat" you will see one guy that did this, but not with the "Evolution Model".

If it works, it would seem like a great deal for $330.

Dave Snyder
Waukesha WI

QF6228
08-05-2008, 01:49 AM
Im right into my race simulation as well, I tell you what this looks GREAT!....
Ahhhh this is all I need something else I have to put on the to buy list!

Damien

Matt Olieman
08-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Interesting, not sure if it would fit in with our FS projects :)

Thanks Dave :)
Matt Olieman

magicaldr
08-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Oh I dont know Matt :) Obviously not for a 747 realistic build, but as the basis for a small generic pit, especially with the 'gear shift holder' as a throttle mount.

Its very similar to the 'Pilot Seat' sold in the UK, but with the advantage that it folds. Although its a bit more expensive than the pilot seat as it would need optional extras for the throttle, where as the pilot seat one comes with side panels as standard.

http://www.flightstore.co.uk/prod/CONSEAT/

Something I considered seriously buying before I got my desk sorted out to handle pedals and the yoke properly :)

dsnyder
08-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Interesting.

One thing I liked about the Playseat is that it had an angled platform for the rudder pedals. When used with the CH pedals, the angled base positions the CH pedals to be more consistent with real-world rudder pedals.

I had envisioned, using the playseat with a real cockpit setup, having the panel built just behind the control yoke. For me, it looked like it solved the problem of not needing a horizontal surface to clamp the CH yoke onto.

I just question if the seat is just to reclined for the user to reach anything.

Dave Snyder