PDA

View Full Version : New PM builds available - 07 Aug 08

NicD
08-08-2008, 08:53 PM
PM have brought out a new bunch of builds for Boeing aircraft and appear to have addressed a number of major issues.

So guys - please get in there and test them, and report back here - it's important we help each other out like this.

And please report back to PM... report bugs (nicely) but also thank them when they get things fixed.

It's great to see PM working away at things again and responding to feedback. They are also providing more info on build changes, which is great. Thanks PM!

Jackpilot
08-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Positive note ...good ...because, believe me, it is a h*ll of a good product,
Our little world would not be the same without people like Enrico, Pete Dawson, Luciano, etc and a host of enthousiasts who gave zillions hours of their time to make it work.
(just try to figure out CAE price list and be happy)

Only late evening remarks after a good Scotch ! and a short SID out of Tokyo which worked out without a glitch!
(SID first, Scotch at debriefing...of course)
Cheers
Jack

oal331
08-09-2008, 01:51 AM
Good news for all of us :D

Thanks NicD

sas550
08-10-2008, 03:21 AM
Anyone tested them yet? I'm eager to hear some opinions since I can't test myself until Wednesday. (work)

michelmvd
08-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Latest official builds gc456 mcp428 cdu398 ... a BIG THANK YOU

I did several test routes with the latest builds ( routes mentioned earlier here on the forum - EBOS/EDDP - EBOS/LSGG - EBOS/LFPG (lots of STARs)
and the problems with portions of the route dissapearing when entering the STAR or RWY's
are gone !!!
Aircraft and CDU are behaving as they should during entering new STAR's or RWY's aswell

In the GC a lot of special B744 stuff as been incorporated aswell the possibilty not to show wind dir / speed on the ground .

In real life this is also the case, as wind dir / speed is a calculated item by FMC on base of offset Route / drift etc.

So all together these builds are a great progress and Enrico did big efforts to let it all work smoothly.

I can't speak for the B737

A big thank you to Enrico and PM

B. Rgds

Michel

marco
08-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Hello everybody,

As Michel said a big thanks to Enrico. I'll test the new builds as soon as possible with the B737 as I've mentionned on a post directly adressed to Enrico but I see we're on a good way to find a nice working solution. Yesss :)

Marc Manandise

carlos hermida
08-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Have tested all new updates and here are some little problems with my setup:

. Overhead annunciators doesn't light up (bright or dim) for both engines
- ENG VALVE CLOSED and SPAR VALVE CLOSED

PS: This happens with my OVHD hardware (graphic mode iluminates normal), need to know if any offset was changed for this or if it is related to pmsystems or pmGC, see below.

. Same for EICAS yellow anunciators, none of then below light up for both engines.
- START VALVE OPEN, OIL FILTER BYPASS only LOW OIL PRESSURE goes up

. MCP IAS/MACH now blinks "8" on first left digit, only stop blinking after setting IAS to 160 knots. This is a SPEED CONDITION SYMBOL for overspeed Vmo, Landing gear or flap limit as i know or i am wrong with something?, in this case if i set V2 speed for take off it goes blinking until reach 160 knots....

. on EICAS i have no smooth operation of WHITE N1 comand by thrust lever position, it goes up and down like STEPs when i move thrust lever.

Until now this are my reports, i think that all other issues has gone.....

Just to complete my information i am using B737-700 with PMDG air files and CPFLIGHT MCP Hardware RS232 version.

michelmvd
08-11-2008, 05:48 AM
Hi Carlos,
I suppose this is for a B738 setup ? (maybe always better to mention which setup you have)
I don't see any interruptions in EICAS display operations on my side, (B744)
I know with PM systems 112 some offsets has been added, maybe check your sysvar.txt
B. rgds
Michel

Jan Pemöller
08-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Its like Christmas !!!

Yes, all CDU (old, RTE,LEG,STAR, AIRWAY) problems are history ;-) ;-)

but:

1. I have now problems to fly in machmode without VNAV
If I tune .80 in the CPFlight MCP, the speedtape always jump to .73
with kts it works perfect ...

2. I am missing the TAI indication on EICAS at the N1 display, when ANTI ICE is on!

Can you pls confirm same bug, before I report to PM?
Thanks
Jan

michelmvd
08-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi Jan,

I have NAI indictions in the B744 upper EICAS when it is needed.

As I'm using the Aerosoft MCP, I can't commend on the CP flight, but here is working normal. M0.86

B. Rgds
Michel

carlos hermida
08-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Have tested all new updates and here are some little problems with my setup:

1. Overhead annunciators doesn't light up (bright or dim) for both engines
- ENG VALVE CLOSED and SPAR VALVE CLOSED

PS: This happens with my OVHD hardware (graphic mode iluminates normal), need to know if any offset was changed for this or if it is related to pmsystems or pmGC, see below.

2. Same for EICAS yellow anunciators, none of then below light up for both engines.
- START VALVE OPEN, OIL FILTER BYPASS only LOW OIL PRESSURE goes up

3. MCP IAS/MACH now blinks "8" on first left digit, only stop blinking after setting IAS to 160 knots. This is a SPEED CONDITION SYMBOL for overspeed Vmo, Landing gear or flap limit as i know or i am wrong with something?, in this case if i set V2 speed for take off it goes blinking until reach 160 knots....

4. on EICAS i have no smooth operation of WHITE N1 comand by thrust lever position, it goes up and down like STEPs when i move thrust lever.

Until now this are my reports, i think that all other issues has gone.....

1==>THIS WAS SOLVED AFTER CHECK THAT THERE IS IN PMSYSTEMS USER OPTIONS MENU A ITEM TO SET (TICK) VALVES - values - 0-2-1, i.e. for SPARVALVE1 use SPARVAL1

2==>SOLVED TOGETHER WITH UPPER SOLUTION.

3==> This is a new feature implemented by Enrico, see page 111 of "737 cockpit companion".

4==> Will need to recalibrate throttle to check if it will work smoothly, because downgrading to my last build used it worked again...

carlos hermida
08-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Its like Christmas !!!

Yes, all CDU (old, RTE,LEG,STAR, AIRWAY) problems are history ;-) ;-)

but:

1. I have now problems to fly in machmode without VNAV
If I tune .80 in the CPFlight MCP, the speedtape always jump to .73
with kts it works perfect ...

2. I am missing the TAI indication on EICAS at the N1 display, when ANTI ICE is on!

Can you pls confirm same bug, before I report to PM?
Thanks
Jan

Hi Jan,

About ANTI-ICE i needed to setup again this offset for my hardware (i am using INTERFACEIT cards from FDS) , so after that it worked correctly again and TAI is there :)

Ray Proudfoot
08-12-2008, 06:34 AM
One issue is still outstanding. When climbing I always engage FLCH and as the aircraft passes the altitude set in the MCP.INI for the switchover from SPD to Mach this is changed on the MCP.

However, during descent I stay in VNAV mode but the speed does not switch from Mach to SPD at the stored MCP.INI altitude resulting in an overspeed. Would more experienced pilots agree this is a bug that should be corrected? This occurs in both FS9 and FSX.

The other issue still outstanding is the turning-in towards waypoints when within 3 miles. Despite sending another message to support 9 days ago I have not yet received a reply. This issue only affects FSX.

Daniel Schiffer
08-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Hello,

1==>THIS WAS SOLVED AFTER CHECK THAT THERE IS IN PMSYSTEMS USER OPTIONS MENU A ITEM TO SET (TICK) VALVES - values - 0-2-1, i.e. for SPARVALVE1 use SPARVAL1

2==>SOLVED TOGETHER WITH UPPER SOLUTION.

3==> This is a new feature implemented by Enrico, see page 111 of "737 cockpit companion".

4==> Will need to recalibrate throttle to check if it will work smoothly, because downgrading to my last build used it worked again...

sorry but i have not the 737 Cockpit companion
can somebody explain How that function with the blinking "8" in the MCP Speed?

Thx

Daniel

paulj
08-12-2008, 10:03 AM
From 737 cockpit companion
"Speed Condition Symbols"
. Overspeed or Underspeed limiting symbol appears when commanded speed cannot reached.

.Flashing 8 symbol means overspeed of Vmo/Mmo, landing gear,or flaps limit.
.Flashing A (alpha, for AOA) symbol means underspeed:below minimum speed(as sensed from angle of attack) or V/S mode performance reversion (airspeed becomes 5k less then MCP selected speed and there is no acceleration.

hope that makes sense to you...:)

Paul

Daniel Schiffer
08-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Thank you Paul for the infos.

mmh.... i become flashing "A" if my speed overthe max Speed(not below Minimum Flaps seed for seting Flaps. And the "8" flashing permanent if my Speed seting below 160 kts. is that correct?

Or little but from PM

Regards

Daniel

Jan Pemöller
08-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Ok, Thomas from PM told me that TAI indications are working correct!
So I will check my system ...

Jan Pemöller
08-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Hello,

sorry but i have not the 737 Cockpit companion
can somebody explain How that function with the blinking "8" in the MCP Speed?

Thx

Daniel

me too, is it somewhere available or posible to download ???

carlos hermida
08-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi Jan,

Here you have a link to buy it, i recommend you the FMC guide, too.

http://fmcguide.com/StoreFront.bok

touwersl
08-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Maybe a silly question from my side but I can't find these builds on the PM site. The latest official builds date from 170708?????

Did I mis something here?

Latest official builds gc456 mcp428 cdu398 ... a BIG THANK YOU

I did several test routes with the latest builds ( routes mentioned earlier here on the forum - EBOS/EDDP - EBOS/LSGG - EBOS/LFPG (lots of STARs)
and the problems with portions of the route dissapearing when entering the STAR or RWY's
are gone !!!
Aircraft and CDU are behaving as they should during entering new STAR's or RWY's aswell

In the GC a lot of special B744 stuff as been incorporated aswell the possibilty not to show wind dir / speed on the ground .

In real life this is also the case, as wind dir / speed is a calculated item by FMC on base of offset Route / drift etc.

So all together these builds are a great progress and Enrico did big efforts to let it all work smoothly.

I can't speak for the B737

A big thank you to Enrico and PM

B. Rgds

Michel

Peter Dowson
08-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Maybe a silly question from my side but I can't find these builds on the PM site. The latest official builds date from 170708?????

Did I mis something here?

The Airbus modules are still 170708. The new ones are on the Boeing side, the right-hand side.

If you don't see the 070808 versions, then probably you are viewing an old cached copy of the page. Refresh your view. In Firefox click the refresh button (blue loopy arrow in top menu), in Internet Explorer I think you have to use F5 or maybe Alt+F5 or Ctrl+F5. Can't remember, been using FireFox too long. (I think I have firefox set to autorefresh when going back to a page in any case as they always appear "refreshed").

Incidentally the Intermediate builds link gives you a newer CDU build yet again -- CDU399a, 9th August.

Regards

Pete

touwersl
08-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Pete,

You were right. I'm using IE on the server in the cockpit which didn't refresh. the computer in the livingroom which is running Firefox did show the correct builds.
Thanks for your help.

arwinpoon
08-14-2008, 07:28 AM
Has anybody else did anymore testing?

RGroebl
08-16-2008, 12:34 PM
I have tested the new builds for Boeing Suite.
- Turning while route disconnected or entering a new CRZ Level is corrected
- Deleting waypoints from route after entering STAR didn´t appeared
- VNATH is holding speed as entered in the descend page or is following the path correctly (2 flights)

Some points I´ve noticed.

- No calculating Opt/Max level or TRIP Level
- No possibility to enter a offset route (CDU doesn´t accept any entry on Offset page)
- After deleting waypoints from the route the fuel is not calculated ( shown as .0 on every waypoint)

At least the new builds running stable.

Roland