PDA

View Full Version : Flying Dutchman say Hi!

flying dutchman
08-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Greetings from the Flying Dutchman, Just wanted to show you some of the things I've been tinkering with, mainly a control column yoke, and an ACES II Ejection Seat, not related, separate projects. The Ejection Seat hooks up to the kids Play Station II for Combat Ace 5. The yoke is eventually for my flight simulator 747. Any suggestions on how to wire the hardware to the computer? Never done that yet. Enjoy the pics.
The Dutchman938

Michael Carter
08-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Welcome to the site Dutchman. Great photos there.

I love the ejection seat. Wish I'd have had one while mine was growing up. Not always for strictly benevolent purposes either. :mrgreen:

The control wheel looks very real except for the AP disconnect. That switch is VERY expensive if you can find one. Very nice copy. I know someone who uses the original Boeing contractor coating process on those wheels if it can stand the heat. Let me know and I'll put you in contact with him. You won't be able to tell it from the real thing.

You can interface your yoke from either a third party axis input card, or you can K-ball any store-bought yoke like CH or Thrustmaster and use the pots and input card from that product.

I used my CH yoke internals and electronics. I tried using the TM FLCS stick, but the throw was a bit off on the yoke. It was easier to just use the CH yoke internals.