PDA

View Full Version : Throttle

Roger
08-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Hi to all

Anyone taken the plunge and brought a off the shelf Throttle assembly?

Roger

Westozy
08-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi Roger,

MyCockpit member "Bindook" bought the first A320 Thottle Quadrant from me! He might share his thoughts on my products...
http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/data/571/032.jpg

Regards,

Gwyn

indyana1
08-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Looks fantastic Gwyn,

If you ever build one for a 737, i'll buy it.

Mick CC

BoeingNG
08-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Hi,

Yes I recently bought the Symulatory TQ from Poland. It is the crown in my cockpit. Comes with all pots, switches and servos for motorised operation. I had to do a bit of modifying but it is a great peice of kit.

See pics on my site www.boeing737ng.co.uk or visit www.symulatory.com

Hope this helps
Regards,
John

Westozy
08-15-2008, 04:43 AM
Looks fantastic Gwyn,

If you ever build one for a 737, i'll buy it.

Mick CC

The 14 kilogram 737 model will be coming next year and it certainly won't be a flimsy toy replica with dodgey electronics!!!

Gwyn

mpl330
08-15-2008, 05:08 AM
Hi,

Yes I recently bought the Symulatory TQ from Poland. It is the crown in my cockpit. Comes with all pots, switches and servos for motorised operation. I had to do a bit of modifying but it is a great peice of kit.

See pics on my site www.boeing737ng.co.uk (http://www.boeing737ng.co.uk) or visit www.symulatory.com (http://www.symulatory.com)

Hope this helps
Regards,
John

Me too - I love it, although still got to get it working quite right...

chrisdanker
08-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Gwyn,

Any heads up as what the product will look like ...your comments about it would say to me that it will be more roburst? And no intermittent operation of the Auto throttle? And possibly that you could manually move the throttle while it is still under the auto throttlr mode of the servos? Hmmm now you got me thinking as I was about to take the plunge and bite the bullet to purchase the B737 TQ from FSC.......lots of $$$$$ will be invested...

Regards,
Chris

Rodney
08-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Has anyone in the US bought and shipped one from FSC? I'm curious as to what the shipping and customs might be on something like that. I've got to admit that I would love to have that one in my pit, heck even a real one would do.

DAL900
08-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Why doesn't someone make a (realistic) throttle for a 757,767 or 777??? 737 and scarebus have been done.

Westozy
08-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Gwyn,

Any heads up as what the product will look like ...your comments about it would say to me that it will be more roburst? And no intermittent operation of the Auto throttle? And possibly that you could manually move the throttle while it is still under the auto throttlr mode of the servos? Hmmm now you got me thinking as I was about to take the plunge and bite the bullet to purchase the B737 TQ from FSC.......lots of $$$$$ will be invested...

Regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,
To do it right I think a TQ needs to be heavy and have decent resistance to the levers being pushed, this needs friction plates and decent springs etc. My TQs will all be heavy to be able to achieve this kind of feel, light joysticks can't do this. Making TQs from similar types of materials that the real thing is made from adds up to similar weights, unfortunately registered postage for these beasts will be a killer.
As far as Auto throttle movement goes, I have no idea how the steppers move the levers etc but I can make the overide function probably. I'll need some A/T design help from the forum to get this happening. I would like to have A/Ts on my sim but I don't really know how the interface is done yet.
My pricing will be in the same ballpark but the choice will be a no brainer!

Gwyn

Westozy
08-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Why doesn't someone make a (realistic) throttle for a 757,767 or 777??? 737 and scarebus have been done.

Hi DAL900,
I'm currently building an A340 TQ to custom order and can build any type really time permitting, Aerosim Solutions is not full time for me, (yet?)
I accept a few custom orders because others have asked the same question as you do. If there is a need for something unavailable I will sometimes put my hand up as a supplier. At the same time as building a prototype a lot of effort is going into future production processes and this takes a lot of time so I have quite a backlog of TQs to make at the moment. The other Boeing quads would be easy enough to replicate and I'm also planning a generic Lear type quad at some stage.

Regards,

Gwyn

chrisdanker
08-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Gwyn,

So when could the launch date be? Any estimate...? I could be one of your happy customers...:D

I agree with you that the TQ has to have the weight on it to have the realistic feeling about it. I am eager now about your TQ as well...

Regards,
Chris