PDA

View Full Version : Rain or No Rain shown?

Tomlin
08-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Now that I finally have real world wx again in the LJ sim, Im wondering what most of you folks with projection screen vis systems do. Do you generally remove the rain drop effect or leave it and have it project 'away' from the aircraft's "windscreen" ?

venenoso
08-13-2008, 12:38 PM
hello,
I am working from inside to outside , from the end to the begining , and wonder the same question you do, if is better to remove the drops since they look to big in the screen ? also thinking when I go to the end (begining) with the cockpit shell may be could operate a nozzle with a pump to generate and reclycle water direct to the windshield , think there is a offset for rain presence there in the fsuipc , what you think?
regards

mauriceb
08-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Now that I finally have real world wx again in the LJ sim, Im wondering what most of you folks with projection screen vis systems do. Do you generally remove the rain drop effect or leave it and have it project 'away' from the aircraft's "windscreen" ?

So far I am still using a single projector and the raindrops did not seem huge to me. I thought they looked quite nice actually and the thought that they might be too big did not even register. But my front screen is only ~5' wide, so it may be more of an issue with a bigger screen.

Maurice

rt72
08-13-2008, 07:47 PM
If they do look too big, wouldn't it be possible to shrink them down? They're textures, right?

Tomlin
08-13-2008, 10:35 PM
If they do look too big, wouldn't it be possible to shrink them down? They're textures, right?

Right, but it's not even the size, but the fact that they are a bit from the windscreen's real position to the pilot. I will try it out some more but it felt weird kinda.

rt72
08-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Ahh, yea. I bet that would be a bit weird. Hmm.

PaulEMB
08-14-2008, 03:21 AM
Hi,

I used the TH2go and 3 projectors, and I actually likes the rain, once I got used to it.
Ground rain is fine, but a little strange when flying thru - but the effect is not dramatic - even when I had the glass windshields fitted, my brain accepted the image as OK.