PDA

View Full Version : New member

bob
08-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi everyone, feels good to be part of this amazing forum. Like many of you I have decided to biuld a full motion platform with I think a 737 or 747 on top. Haven't yet decided, the 757 looks pretty good as well. Any way it will probably be a 737 because its a nice size cockpit.

So my first project is to build an MCP, considering buying a range of i/o cards from Open Cockpits and lets see how it goes. Would be nice to chat to someone who has or is also going through such a project.

Regards Bob

Trevor Hale
08-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Welcome to MyCockpit Bob,

Look forward to seeing your progress.

Many users here are using OC for the interface, Good luck and Please post pictures as your project comes together, you can post them in the Photo Gallery.

best regards,

Trev

bob
08-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Thanks Trev. Glad to hear about OC cards, yeh I think thats where I'll start. Just have to make up my mind about the cockpit design. I fancy the Learjet for it's size, but still very attached to the old faithfull 737.

Bob

bob
08-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Ok Ive scrapped my plans to build 737 because of a space problem I have and instead decided to join the Learjet family of builders. I am busy with the design plans while I wait for my i/o boards to arrive from OC. Will be running with PM and because I am impressed with the Falcon 900 I might even use their front display panel in the Learjet. Obviously she will still be a functioning Learjet but with a facelift on the pannels. Why not?

Bob

Tomlin
08-21-2008, 03:44 PM
HI Bob

Good to see you around. All the best, and if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.

Tracy Hale
08-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Bob, welcome to MyCockpit! :D

bob
08-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Thanks, happy to be around great people.

Bob

ronjonrollo
08-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Hi Bob,
I'm glad I could help and happy to see you here in MC.org.
Lots of resources here and great people to help with issues and questions you are sure to have. ;)

Ron Rollo
Jacksonville Florida

Per Alm
08-23-2008, 01:50 AM
Welcome!

The coorporate family is growing every day now;)

Looking forward to see pics of your project!

Regards

Per Alm

Adino
08-25-2008, 12:01 AM
Welcome Bob!
Have fun building and treat us with pictures ;)

Westozy
08-25-2008, 12:37 AM
G'day Bob and welcome to MC.org from downunder!

Gwyn

bob
08-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks to all for the warm welcomes. Good to be around other fanatics and entusiasts in the world of flight. I'm not new to flight but this is my first time building a sim and motion platform. Will post all photos for sure, when I have something to show, right now waiting for my bundle form OC, will be running with PM and my sim will be a Learjet45 shell - maybe with a boeing conversion... intersting... you'll see!

Bob

bob
09-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Hi there, I am still around, excuse my absence but trying to get my head around the electronics and my oc cards, etc. This might take a while. I think it would have been easier to build the cockpit first. I have developed a greater respect for all those building cockpits, I am humbled!

Bob