PDA

View Full Version : Setting reverse thrust

WJH308
10-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Looking at my L1011 throttle quadrant, the reverse levers simply extend the movement of the linkage that goes to the engine controls. So with one pot for each throttle lever, I need to set a band where the pot value goes below a certain level, reverse thrust is entered and controlled proportionally. Well is there an easy way to do all of this? This question is for FS9, FSX, and X-plane9. Guess I may have to write my own software..

Peter Dowson
10-03-2008, 05:31 AM
Looking at my L1011 throttle quadrant, the reverse levers simply extend the movement of the linkage that goes to the engine controls. So with one pot for each throttle lever, I need to set a band where the pot value goes below a certain level, reverse thrust is entered and controlled proportionally. Well is there an easy way to do all of this? This question is for FS9, FSX, and X-plane9. Guess I may have to write my own software..

I don't know about X-Plane, but for FS if you have a registered FSUIPC installed you simply need to use the separate Throttle assignments (1-4) either in FS or in FSUIPC's axis assignments, then calibrate the reverse, idle zone and max in FSUIPC's calibrations tab for 4 throttles.

Regards

Pete