PDA

View Full Version : Just call me hurl

hurl2space
10-11-2008, 07:45 AM
Hi everyone. I'm new to this site, and really enjoying it. Please tell me if this is poss. I want to use the default lear45 in FSX. But for a cockpit, I would like to use 737 equipment (like the mcp, efis, fmc). And maybe Elite radio stack. With project magenta. I know it may not look like a lear45, but still have all func. of a real lear.

Michael Carter
10-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Anything is possible, but the question has to asked...why would you want to?

hurl2space
10-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Just because it's easier to find equipment for the 737. I want to go with mostly plug and play.

Jackpilot
10-11-2008, 09:04 AM
My idea on this (which I do not follow by the way!!) :

Consider yourself as the ultimate and free Aerospace Engineer and build from a clean sheet the airplane of your dreams with whatever parts you like, one, two, three or four engines, piston, turbine or jet. Yoke or stick..etc

It can be as challenging, if not more, as replicating an existing model (and probably less expensive). Besides, if you build a full cockpit you do not even have to care for what the airplane itself looks like.

Spend time trying-out different flight models (even with just the keyboard and a joystick) and when you have made your choice, build the cockpit that will allow you to use all the systems and possibilities associated with it. With whatever parts or layout you like.

After all, it's all available and the Test Pilot Job that goes with it is not at all risky.

Cheers.