PDA

View Full Version : Good source for LEDs in US?

XOrionFE
10-17-2008, 08:39 AM
anyone have a good source for LEDs in the us?

Trevor Hale
10-17-2008, 08:58 AM
anyone have a good source for LEDs in the us?

I have news for you. I am in canada, and I have looked and looked for a good LED supplier.

The Best and cheapest, not to mention fastest Supplier I have found is in Hong Kong.

http://www.besthongkong.com

I just received another order from them, and I am very pleased.

Trev

Michael Carter
10-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Mouser Electronics. No minimum, fast shipping, centrally located in Texas. Also a bazillion other items for your sim projects.

http://www.mouser.com/Home.aspx

XOrionFE
10-17-2008, 10:21 AM
thanks guys

N242AM
10-17-2008, 10:52 AM
If in the U.S. please look to Mouser as Mike mentioned. The 1500+ page catalog will keep you busy for hours.

I purchase all my sim electronic parts for them and highly recommend them.

ve4anc
10-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Hi All:

I've ordered from Mouser before and they certainly have an excellent inventory of parts.

The only thing that miffed me was the cost of shipping to Canada was way off the clock and that has prevented me from considering them in the future.

Regards,
Lee

Trevor Hale
10-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Hi All:

I've ordered from Mouser before and they certainly have an excellent inventory of parts.

The only thing that miffed me was the cost of shipping to Canada was way off the clock and that has prevented me from considering them in the future.

Regards,
Lee

Exactly my issue, I had to pay more money in Broker fees, and shipping then the parts were worth that I ordered.

Needless to say, I was very happy to find besthongkong.

Trev

XOrionFE
10-17-2008, 12:00 PM
wow,

I look at Mouser and there are too many darn choices. I assume 5mm is what most use and I need white, green and red but then they have Luminous Intesity, viewing angle, etc. Oh brother...

I am going to use an Open cockpits card and these will be general panel and button leds. Can someone help with the choices?

Thanks
Scott

Michael Carter
10-17-2008, 12:14 PM
When you call, you can describe to the order taker what you need and then request to speak to a REAL technician free of charge.

Trevor Hale
10-17-2008, 12:29 PM
wow,

I look at Mouser and there are too many darn choices. I assume 5mm is what most use and I need white, green and red but then they have Luminous Intesity, viewing angle, etc. Oh brother...

I am going to use an Open cockpits card and these will be general panel and button leds. Can someone help with the choices?

Thanks
Scott

I ordered 5mm LED's with a 75+ degree viewing angle. Mostly standard kit.

Trev