PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ireland...sort of!

NigelD
10-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Greetings to everyone on the site!
I've been looking over your virtual shoulders for some time now and decided I might as well dive in and get involved. Been a fan of FlightSim for a long time but only discovered Vatsim and all that side a few months ago. It's taken over my life! I fly with Aer Lingus Virtual, which is where I met Kevin Egan, owner of a very fine 737NG cockpit. So despite my meagre budget, I'm getting stuck in to building the Mark 1 - a hopefully flexible jet cockpit. Mark 2 is intended to be a full A330 replica, but that is a long way down the road...

I am Irish but I'm exiled in the UK for various reasons! Learned a lot from reading the posts here already so thanks. I had a mess around with some MDF and a saw on Saturday and quickly realised I am not a natural-born carpenter. But I learned a lot from the mistakes I made. Hopefully my project will grow as the pocket (and the skill) allows so watch this space.

Nigel Doyle
EIN075 (on Vatsim)

Bob Reed
10-19-2008, 10:52 PM
Hi Nigel and welcome. We all started someplace most of us where not at the skill levels you see now when we started! At least I know I was not... Look forward to watching your project grow...

steveeverson
10-20-2008, 06:43 AM
Hi Nigel,
Good to have you on board! -
I just got started on my 737 last year- takes a lot of time and money but well worth the effort! - My cockpit isnt any way as far finished as Kevins but im not far away from you so if you want to have a look / any advice , give me a shout!

Cheers
Steve

NigelD
10-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys - I appreciate I am one of many on this forum so it's nice to get a reply back! Thanks for the offer Steve and I will certainly take you up on that at some stage in the near future. It's only 30 minutes away - less on my VFR800!

Nigel.

Tracy Hale
10-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Nigel, welcome to MyCockpit.org. Glad you could join us! :D