PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Light switches

NNomad007
10-30-2008, 05:09 AM
Hello friends,

Im trying to collect some equipment, i came across with a couple honeywells for the lights and apu panel. My question is...the seat belts/no smoking, nose light and cargo smoke agent1and2 by logic should be something like 3 action off-on-on toggle switch....right?...if so..im not able to find any toggles with that configuration..i can find ;on-off-on; on-on-on..on-off...(on)off-on ..etc.....but no; on-on-off;..............and believe me..ive tried...should we use a on-on-on and disconnect the last pole?...if so how is that made.........................am i missing something here?.......

Thanks people!

skywatch
10-30-2008, 06:13 AM
I don't know where to get the switches and have not tried this, but can't you use software to read the value of the 2 switches and then perform the action you require? Or are these hard wired to something else?

Skywatch

NNomad007
10-30-2008, 06:47 AM
Its probably worth a try..though im a bit reluctant since they all are honeywell switches, so i want to be sure in order to buy them...

I'll probably buy a cheap one and perform a couple of tests.... maybe with the iocards it can be done.. though they look hard wired..

thanks for the reply Skywatch.. cheers!

skywatch
10-30-2008, 07:44 AM
If you are familiar with logic circuits then a simple NOR gate will get you going. This will work with an on-off-on type switch with the middle connector being connected to +5V and the other terminals used for the switching and to signal the NOR gate. If I knew how, I would draw you a circuit using the chip that will do this.

Basically you need 3 conditions with 3 switch positions (one being off). Call them A and B.

When switch is all the way in one direction A is high, B is low and A triggers the function.

When the switch is all the way in the other direction, A is low, B is high and B triggers the function.

When the switch in the the middle position, A and B are both low, 2 low inputs to a NOR gate give a high output. This output will trigger the third condition.

So at the end you have 3 wires, each of which will have a +5V signal on it depending on the switch position. Only one of these will be high at any time. These 3 signals can then be sent to your PC interface and allocated in the software you are using.

Hope this makes sense, it's not easy to explain!

Skywatch

Trevor Hale
10-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Hello friends,

Im trying to collect some equipment, i came across with a couple honeywells for the lights and apu panel. My question is...the seat belts/no smoking, nose light and cargo smoke agent1and2 by logic should be something like 3 action off-on-on toggle switch....right?...if so..im not able to find any toggles with that configuration..i can find ;on-off-on; on-on-on..on-off...(on)off-on ..etc.....but no; on-on-off;..............and believe me..ive tried...should we use a on-on-on and disconnect the last pole?...if so how is that made.........................am i missing something here?.......

Thanks people!

Just use the ON, ON, ON and don't connect anything to the first On Pins. :)

Trev

NNomad007
10-30-2008, 08:20 AM
There you go!!...my kind of answer..:D

Thank you very much people..ill do that and let you know

Alex

NNomad007
10-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Sadly..no..im not familiar with logic circuits.. at least for now, nevertheless, i did understand a bit of your explination Skywatch! thanks for trying to explain to me!

thanks people for all the good advices

skywatch
10-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Ah well, at least you got a solution to your problem......I hope it all works out for you!

Skywatch