PDA

View Full Version : Hi Simmers !

No Longer Active
12-07-2008, 06:10 AM
Hi,

I just want to officially say hi to everyone on this site, i am new here, ive been posting for just over a month now, and didnt really know about the site until i asked a question on flightsim.com and someone told me about this site, ever since i have been on this site daily and no longer go to flightsim.com as this site exceeds whats on offer there, so thanks to mycockpit.org!

Well, more about me anyway, im a young chap (24) and has been interested in aviation since a kid, and has always been fascinated by airliners and light aircraft, i love airports, airplanes of all types and just loves to fly, hopefully within the next year or so i aim to start real flying and train for my PPL.

For now, im either studying or on my flightsim, i traded in a few playstation games for FS2004 in the summer, and ever since ive been glued, within a month i bought a CH Products flight yoke with my birthday money which was excellent as i now have 6 buttons plus 2 POVs and a throttle, at the moment im looking at some rudder pedals by CH and i cant wait to get them either, im building a C182 flight deck, and for a good month or so ive been designing it on a CAD program, designed my art work and interior and worked out how im going to display gauges and instruments, right now im working on the lower panel of the cockpit dashboard, which houses the magnetos, switches, yoke, and throttle quadrant, that should be done by the end of the month (dec), next step is the gauges, then the radio equipment, monitor upgrade (maybe a projector) and then to final finishes such as coverings and interiors etc (maybe a nice sturdy seat).

Im real new to electronics, ive been learning as much as i can from internet resources and library books, sim technology is so advanced now (also getting expensive) and it really is where do i start? how do i do this? how do i do that? etc.

Theres going to be MANY questions asked, so i warn you in advance (lol), thanks for having me on here, im VERY clued up on I.T like networking etc so anything like that im always here to advise!

Cheers!

Alex

AP08

Trevor Hale
12-07-2008, 09:20 AM
Alex,

Welcome to Mycockpit.org.

We are certainly a different group then those you would find on flightsim.com, and wish more people knew we existed. There are still thousands of builders out there that don't know we are here. Our Over 4,000 member base has taken just over 3 years to compile, but for the most part we are a very friendly group.

Have a look at everything that is discussed and said, starting is where you can afford to start. remember one thing.... No matter what kind of desktop setup you have, a little paint and plywood goes a long way in increasing the realism of your desktop setup.

Best regards,

Trev

Michael Carter
12-07-2008, 10:01 AM
I posted the link to get you over here.

There's not much in the way of builders at FS.com. I hang out there for the DF forum. There's a 727 engineer over there and I pick his brain about different things occasionally if it's not in my manuals.

Welcome to the site.

No Longer Active
12-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Well cheers for the link then michael !

Its great at this forum, everything is here that you need, and i love the download area, its hard to get cockpit measurements on the net, so im glad that its all contained here, plenty of resources here and PLENTY of info.

Glad to be part of it!

Cheers Michael and Trev!

Alex

AP08