PDA

View Full Version : Offset question

rottenlungs
12-09-2008, 06:56 AM
Hi all

I use gfdisplay to drive the indicator leds on a gf t8 module. I want to use one as a stall warning. I am currently using offset x36c which seems to give me a stall warning, but the led seems to stick on - once the stall recovery has occurred the lamp remains. If I then stall again it will go out.

Am I using the right offset?

Thanks

James

fweinrebe
12-09-2008, 07:19 AM
Hi

the only offset I can find for the stall warning is 0x036C, so you are correct.

I suspect the problem is in your code. Can you post the code so that we can have a look at it?

TasKiNG
12-09-2008, 02:23 PM
I am using that offset for stall on the FSX Learjet45 and it works correctly.
I suggest that you use FSInterrogate ( included in the FSUIPC SDK ) to monitor this offset then you will know whether the problem is with the Sim Model or your interface code.

Cheers

rottenlungs
12-10-2008, 06:18 AM
Hi and thanks for the replies.

Further analysis of this issue shows that the light consistently comes on with the first stall warning. However, I`m using the fast flash syntax in gfdisplay to flash the light for 3 seconds followed by a steady illumination. It seems to depend on the state of the light when the stall condition clears. If it is flashing and off it remains off but if it is on (either flashing or steady) it will stay on.

I`m not near my fs pc at the moment but will post my gfdisplay.ini tomorrow. I will try removing the flash syntax and see if that helps.

Thanks again

James