PDA

View Full Version : Computer audio splitters question.

Geremy Britton
01-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Hi all, I have currently a standard audio splitter that goes into the audio output on the back of my PC that creates 2 audio inputs for now my headphones and my aura shaker. That's great, however is there anything out there that can be used for the PC that makes more than 2 outputs or is it not physically possible to do this.

I have done some searching on google and nothing has come up that i can use for the PC. Ideally i need 4 outputs.

I was also thinking can you layer the splitters (Eg. a 2 way splitter plugged into a 2 way splitter?)

I know it's not strictly cockpit building related, but does anyone know about this or have a solution. Otherwise i won't be able to use my force feedback, speaker seat covers.

Kind regards,

airbus319
01-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Hi There, you could replace your soundcard with a soundblaster live card or some equal equivalent, they have four outputs and I believe you can manipulate them using the software.

It may solve your problem.

cheers

Dave.

Michael Carter
01-03-2009, 03:33 PM
First of all, those are outputs not inputs. Second, if you can run that output into a line-level input in a stereo receiver you will probably have at least two sets of stereo speaker outputs, more if it's a home theatre receiver.

In addition, you will have headset output as well. Many receivers today will allow the headset to function while the speakers are also going. Some have a switch to control this. Hook up your seat shaker to the sub outs.

Hi all, I have currently a standard audio splitter that goes into the audio output on the back of my PC that creates 2 audio inputs for now my headphones and my aura shaker. That's great, however is there anything out there that can be used for the PC that makes more than 2 outputs or is it not physically possible to do this.

I have done some searching on google and nothing has come up that i can use for the PC. Ideally i need 4 outputs.

I was also thinking can you layer the splitters (Eg. a 2 way splitter plugged into a 2 way splitter?)

I know it's not strictly cockpit building related, but does anyone know about this or have a solution. Otherwise i won't be able to use my force feedback, speaker seat covers.

Kind regards,