PDA

View Full Version : Hi

colaboy
01-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Hi everyone.
My name is Paul.
I'm pretty new to all this but you've got to start somewhere.
I'm building a partial 737NG pit on a budget.
Home made stuff is very much the order of the day, with a few bought bits and bobs here and there.
Look forward to getting to know you all and thanks to the people who have already given me some much needed help.

Cheers.
Colaboy.

Kennair
01-03-2009, 11:04 PM
No worries Paul and welcome to the "Pit Stop". You'll find lots of help for the 737 as you've already discovered, but don't be surprised if "partial" becomes " total" :)

Ken.

Trevor Hale
01-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Hi There and welcome to MyCockpit. Hopefully you find everything here that you need. We all have a budget, so the more you can do on your own the better things will go for you. paint and plywood goes a long way to making your simulator more and more real.

Trev

colaboy
01-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Hi gang, thanks for the welcome.
This photo shows what i'm basicly after at the moment, with a pedestal, throttle quad and basic overhead.
I'm pretty handy with MDF and bits of metal, so that part should be ok.
I'll have lots of questions no doubt, so if I get annoying just let me know.

Thanks.
Paul.

No Longer Active
01-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Hi,

Just thought id say hello, i building a Cessna 182 complete cockpit, and believe me its harder than you think to replicate just the simplest of parts, like you im on a budget, my advice is, search hi and low for anything that you can modify, free stuff is always better than paying for it, and make sure you have the right tools for the job, best of all, ask loads of questions on here and you will have the knowlege in no time! Good luck with the Beoing 737 ! Happy building!

Alex

AP08

jaspar
01-07-2009, 06:33 PM
hi paul

welcome to the forum from a fellow newbie brit, albeit a scotsman.
I to was looking for a cheap sim to build and opted to build my sim based on a Bae hawk small and simple avionics compared to your 737ng.