PDA

View Full Version : For any one waiting..

phil744
01-05-2009, 06:16 PM
This is just a notice to anyone who has ordered and paid for any parts from myself. I regret to inform you that there will be a delay to your orders of up to two weeks.:(

The reason for this is because just after Christmas I became ill, basically a mouth infection as a result of a broken tooth that persisted to a point where I could no longer eat or drink, I was admitted to hospital last Wednesday evening and on Saturday morning I underwent an operation which was successful and have now returned home.:p

A good friend of mine will be popping into my workshop to pick up the orders that are packed and ready to go and taking them to the post office for me, hopefully I will be back doing what I do best by the weekend.:mrgreen:

I would like to take this opportunity to wish every one here at mycockpit a happy new year! (Yes late I know) and I bet you have had a better one than me.;)

My apologies go out to those affected by this but please don’t worry you will have your panels and parts very soon

All the best

Philip Lambert

mpl330
01-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Hi Phil,

Hope you are better soon - sorry to hear about your "mishap"!
Happy New Year and thanks for posting this (even though I am not waiting on anything from you) - did wonder where you had disappeared to!

Get well soon
Mike

Matt Olieman
01-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Phil sorry to hear regarding your illness. Please keep us posted on how you're doing, please get better soon and take care of yourself.

Heck of a way for you to start the new year :(

Matt Olieman

fordgt40
01-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Phil

My heartfelt sympathies, that must have been painful. Hope you recover quickly and don`t worry about the delivery of the panels, there is no problem at all.

Regards

David

tomenglish2000
01-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Hi Phil.

I haven't ordered anything, but hope you get better all the same mate!

Happy new year too.

Tom.

Michael Carter
01-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Same here! :D

Man, that had to hurt.

phil744
01-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks guys for your comments, painful is really an understatment, today is the first time i have been able to use my voice:p

Im definitly on the mend now, like i said I hope to be back in the workshop by the weekend, I just wanted to inform those affected by the delay ASAP but all my details are at the workshop, im using a borrowed laptop to type this so i dont have everyones contact details to hand to induvidually notify you all, I just hope you all get to read this.

Anyway, thanks again for your kind comments and the only way is up from now on :)

Phil

Trevor Hale
01-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Phil, Sorry to hear about you illness, perhaps you need to start drinking more alcohol to weed off that kind of problem in the future. I know from experience the best way to weed off a pain from a toothache is to get plastered...

I'll have a beer for you and hope you get on the mend soon.

Best regards,

Trev

Philb737
01-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Hi Phil, sorry to hear about your illness too:(!!! Hope you have a very speedy and healthy recovery. As far as the wait time if I had to wait two years to get these remarkable professionally crafted side panel, it would definitely be worth the wait.:D:p:p
Happy New Year to you and your family, get well soon!.
Cheers

Efe Cem Elci
01-06-2009, 02:12 AM
Nice to hear from you Phil, albeit in less than desirable consequences. Hope you get better soon, and get back to the workshop. Take care.

steveeverson
01-06-2009, 04:11 AM
Hi Phil,
Glad your'e on the mend mate and hope that it doesn't take too long!
Like Mike, i dont have any panels on order but if you do need any help treating the problem with alcohol as suggested below,im sure both of us would be willing to come and give you some moral support!
Cheers
Steve;)

dnoize
01-06-2009, 05:03 AM
hope you get well soon Phil !

hmmm doesnt a good bottle of single malt help here ? ;-)

Stef

Michael Carter
01-06-2009, 10:27 AM
I'll come over and share the 18 year old bottle of Glenfiddich I received for Christmas.

:mrgreen:

phil744
01-06-2009, 08:17 PM
I'll come over and share the 18 year old bottle of Glenfiddich I received for Christmas.

:mrgreen:

That sounds devine, unfortuantly with these anti B's im on thats probably not a good idea.

Thanks again for all your support, it really means loads to me, im itching to get back into the swing of things again, bring on 2009! its going to be an interesting year

Phil (getting better)

phil744
01-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Dear all,

All paid orders have now been sent :)

I really am sorry for the delay, I will contact you in person by PM with tracking numbers.

Phil

ivar hestnes
01-12-2009, 12:14 PM
ahhhhh, the biggest package for me:mrgreen:

phil744
01-12-2009, 12:47 PM
ahhhhh, the biggest package for me:mrgreen:

Yep, there is one heading your way with a nice supprise inside :)

ivar hestnes
01-12-2009, 01:08 PM
great:). I guess surprises from you has to be good ones. Hope it is a ryanair calender, hehe. At least I could have my stewardesses on the wall then:twisted:

Has my suspicious package arrived at your residence?

phil744
01-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Has my suspicious package arrived at your residence?

It Has!! just waiting for the bomb squad to turn up to open it;)

hehehe, thanks buddy !

warvet
01-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Phil,
sorry Im late on the well wishing I just now saw the thread. Im very glad mate your feeling better and up and around. I wish you a speedy 100% recovery and God Bles mate.
Your friend
Tim

Geremy Britton
01-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Well with the numerous offers of the old fashioned medication from our builders i'm sure you'll be fit as a fiddle again in no time. Like many of us, nope no order but just to wish you the best recovery.

Geremy

fordgt40
01-14-2009, 06:10 AM
Phil

The light panels arrived today, superb product and well packaged. Many thanks indeed. I assume that for the led`s a standard volt drop of 2 volts and current of 20ma should be used for the limiting resistor calcs.

Have you thought about making the red caps for the engine fire handles? These are impossible to source, unless you pay silly money for a commercial item that does not really match the original. It should be possible to laser etch the lettering on a piece of 6m red acrylic, then apply the white paint. I am sure that there should be some interest in this.

Thanks again

Regards

David

phil744
01-14-2009, 09:31 AM
Hi David,

Glad you got them and im glad you like them, as for the LED spec let me get back to you on that 1, im at work writing this and dont have the info to hand.

As for the Fire handle caps yeah sure those are a walk in the park to produce, i allready do that for the Evac Panels i make, if i had confirmed measurment then yeah sure i can do those.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/madmini1/DSCF1978.jpg

Michael Carter
01-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Phil

The light panels arrived today, superb product and well packaged. Many thanks indeed. I assume that for the led`s a standard volt drop of 2 volts and current of 20ma should be used for the limiting resistor calcs.

Have you thought about making the red caps for the engine fire handles? These are impossible to source, unless you pay silly money for a commercial item that does not really match the original. It should be possible to laser etch the lettering on a piece of 6m red acrylic, then apply the white paint. I am sure that there should be some interest in this.

Thanks again

Regards

David

If you're in a hurry, there are three originals from a 727 on e-Bay right now. You could turn the third handle into the APU handle with minimal effort.

And they are the real parts.

dnoize
01-14-2009, 10:58 AM
If you're in a hurry, there are three originals from a 727 on e-Bay right now. You could turn the third handle into the APU handle with minimal effort.

And they are the real parts.

But significantly different from 737 and 747 firehandles (which are both slightly different from eachother too). I have 3 original Page firehandles here ( used in 777 and i believe also in 757/767).

Although the dimension of the body (with the mechanical part) is different from the 737 (bigger), I believe the caps of the handles are the same size.

If someone can confirm this (or is interested anyway) i can take the dimensions from those and post them here.

Stef

fordgt40
01-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Michael

Thanks for the "heads up". I checked them, however, the 727 and early 737 have a more square sized fire handle top and would not suit.

Good suggestion though and thanks again. I will post some diagrams and reference dimensions for Phil later today

Regards

David

tomenglish2000
01-14-2009, 11:53 AM
I believe that the fire handle caps are different between the 737s and 757/767/777.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Star-Air-(Maersk/Boeing-767-219-ER(BDSF)/0802250/L/

The above photo shows 767 fire handles. Firstly they are labelled "LEFT" "RIGHT" and "APU" and not "1" "2" "APU". Secondly you cant see the left, right or apu lettering until it lights up.

Glad you are better Phil.
Tom.

phil744
01-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Physically the 737 and the 74/76/77 are the same size caps, however they do look different, the 73 is clear red where as the 74>77 are dark in apperence, makes no difference to me, so long as you use a red light source they should be ok

dnoize
01-14-2009, 03:39 PM
I believe that the fire handle caps are different between the 737s and 757/767/777.

The above photo shows 767 fire handles. Firstly they are labelled "LEFT" "RIGHT" and "APU" and not "1" "2" "APU". Secondly you cant see the left, right or apu lettering until it lights up.

Thats correct....I have 3 of them....see picture below, i was just wondering if the phisical size of the caps is the same.
The switch underneath the panel definately is not. Its much larger than the switchpart of the 737 which has a trapezoid shape.

great picture you found btw. Thanks

Physically the 737 and the 74/76/77 are the same size caps, however they do look different, the 73 is clear red where as the 74>77 are dark in apperence, makes no difference to me, so long as you use a red light source they should be ok

Here you are Phil:

size taken from the plastic cap with the black coating:

20.45 mm x 50.9 mm

the black coating will take a few hundreds.

http://home.casema.nl/pago/fireh.jpg

Hope this helps a bit.

Stef

phil744
01-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Cheers Stef :)

Ok Ok, so not as easy as i thought, well the 767 style are easy to do but for the 737 a little more tricky, with depth laser engraving you lose a lot of resolution on the artwork, so i will have to change the artwork to overcome this and a few other things, basically what ive done for the 737 is engrave to a depth of approx 0.15mm, paint the entire piece white then let it dry then sanded off the excess, the APU has a clear coat on it to bring back the shine and the 2 handle is how it looks after sanding, i know there wrong but its just a quick go, just needs more tweaking to get it right but im sure i can do it,

Stef, these are not done to your measurments, i just took a wild guess on these.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/madmini1/DSCF2040.jpg

dnoize
01-14-2009, 05:21 PM
You are most welcome Phil.

Good job on the caps.

We did it like this:

http://home.casema.nl/pago/avio10.JPG

http://home.casema.nl/pago/avio9.JPG

Stef

fordgt40
01-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Phil and Stef

The speed and helpfulness of this forum is always amazing. I have just scaled off some drawings and found that Stef had beaten me to giving his dimensions, which were within 1mm of my calculations. Stef, many thanks for your help

The prototypes look good already.

Thanks

David

fordgt40
02-27-2009, 07:38 AM
Phil

I wonderered if you had found any time to develop making the fire handle caps? Purely selfish question as I have nearly finished the MIP and am now moving onto completing the pedestal!

Regards

David