PDA

View Full Version : TH2Go and FSX

airwolfe
01-26-2009, 09:40 AM
I am using the TH2GO with an Nvidia 9800 GT/GTX on Vista64 Ultimate. When I ALT + ENTER to full screen the video is corrupted. I downloaded a hotfix that was supposed to address this, but I am still getting corrupted video. Any ideas ?

Trevor Hale
01-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Give this a whirl...

Turn on the computer,

after boot, Unplug the USB power to the Th2Go, and plug it back in..

Reboot the computer, (this will let you see windows again) Edit the fsx Config file, and change the resolution to one that matches your Th2Go.

Trev

airwolfe
01-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Give this a whirl...

Turn on the computer,

after boot, Unplug the USB power to the Th2Go, and plug it back in..

Reboot the computer, (this will let you see windows again) Edit the fsx Config file, and change the resolution to one that matches your Th2Go.

Trev

So, are you saying I need to power down my tower (with the power button) after I unplug/plug-in the TH2GO ?

Trevor Hale
01-26-2009, 10:58 AM
So, are you saying I need to power down my tower (with the power button) after I unplug/plug-in the TH2GO ?

No... With the tower booted up... unplug the Th2go (USB PLUG) you will here the USB Chime, then Plug it back in.. Chimes again..

then do a restart on your computer.. this will allow the Th2Go to reset..

If you have VNC or something like that, you can remote desktop to the computer and go into the TH2Go Software and press reset to defaults.. that will work as well.

Trev

airwolfe
01-26-2009, 11:10 AM
No... With the tower booted up... unplug the Th2go (USB PLUG) you will here the USB Chime, then Plug it back in.. Chimes again..

then do a restart on your computer.. this will allow the Th2Go to reset..

If you have VNC or something like that, you can remote desktop to the computer and go into the TH2Go Software and press reset to defaults.. that will work as well.

Trev

I am at work right now, but I am trying to imagine how this works. I unplug/replug the TH2GO. After that point I will reboot my machine. Then open the FSX.cfg and find the resolution setting and set it to something the TH2GO can do... in my case 4320x900 ?

Trevor Hale
01-26-2009, 11:13 AM
Correct.. I think what has happened is your Fullscreen FSX setting in the config file is trying to do a resolution that it has troubles with..

I have something similar, but what happens with me is, everytime I power off my computer, I have to unplug, plug, and reboot the triplehead2go. If I just restart my PC, i don't have to do this. I am not sure what the issue is, but I am told a Powered USB hub May fix my issue.

Trev

airwolfe
01-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Correct.. I think what has happened is your Fullscreen FSX setting in the config file is trying to do a resolution that it has troubles with..

I have something similar, but what happens with me is, everytime I power off my computer, I have to unplug, plug, and reboot the triplehead2go. If I just restart my PC, i don't have to do this. I am not sure what the issue is, but I am told a Powered USB hub May fix my issue.

Trev

ok, I will give it a try. I am using a powered USB right now. Are you using the latest set of drivers/utilities from Matrox ? The ones from last month ? or the ones from August ? Did you let Matrox SGU 'optimize' your .cfg file ?

KanadaKen
02-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Same problem here.

I downloaded the new Matrox GXM widescreen resolutions (I have 3 x 23" widescreens) and the new 181.driver. The new 5040 x 1050 resolutions were all recognized in the Windows display menu and in the Nvidia control panel and in the FSX display menu. All was set and the native resolution in Nvidia panel matched the display resolutions. All was installed correctly...
BUT my screen was terribly corrupt and my cursor was blinking and I lost all my 2D cockpits. So after 2 days of tinkering and reading, I went back to the 3840 x 1024 resolutions and put back the older 180. driver.

It all works spledidly once again. I'm not sure what the exact problem was, but I suspect the newest 181. driver. I am hesitant to once again reinstall the GXM higher resolutions just to see if it is indeed the display driver for my 9800GTX+ card causing the corruption?

Ken

XP(32) ASUS PS5 2.3gz Nvidia 9800GTX+ 3.25gigRAM TH2Go(DVI)

KanadaKen
02-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Why doesn't SGU have the new Matrox widescreen 5040 x 1050 res? It only optimizes for 3840 x 1042. Can this be a problem?

So I tried again installing the Matrox new widescreen res at 5040 x 1050. Once again FSX began to fail. No 2D cockpits and scenery all goes a blur and the cursor flashes and all the "type" words in the ALT menu are blackened-out. Unusable until I return all back to the old 3840 x 1042 res.
So it wasn't the new 181. driver causing the corruption. It's Matrox.

I see this seems a problem for others as well.
Any solutions?

Thanks,
Ken

kemy
03-11-2009, 06:18 AM
Why doesn't SGU have the new Matrox widescreen 5040 x 1050 res? It only optimizes for 3840 x 1042. Can this be a problem?

So I tried again installing the Matrox new widescreen res at 5040 x 1050. Once again FSX began to fail. No 2D cockpits and scenery all goes a blur and the cursor flashes and all the "type" words in the ALT menu are blackened-out. Unusable until I return all back to the old 3840 x 1042 res.
So it wasn't the new 181. driver causing the corruption. It's Matrox.

I see this seems a problem for others as well.
Any solutions?

Thanks,
Ken

I was having the same problem, then I found out it was my monitor, 5040X1050 can only be achieved if your monitors support 57HZ refresh rate, in my case 60HZ is the lowest for 2 monitors, so I cant get that much of a resolution with my current setup

Tony Hill
03-11-2009, 07:12 AM
I am just setting up the TH2GO and am having no problems with an NVIDIA GTX295...except that "Powerdesk" will not open..it askes for permission (must turn that off) and then just goes back to the desktop without any noise, lights, anything. Only reason I want/need it is to use bezel management.

Powerdesk doesn't seem to be updated separately, just got the lates Matrox drivers which I presume includes it.

Any suggestions?

Oh, using f&T$$(&^*& VISTA

Darryl

kemy
03-11-2009, 08:13 AM
This is the latest Powerdesk (dec 2008 )
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/gxm/software/?os=2&product=71

and this is the latest firmware update the one that will new reso;utions to the list of supported res.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/gxm/windows/th2go/digital/howto1/

Hope this helps.

KanadaKen
03-11-2009, 09:40 AM
GXM say's my sysytem and screens are all compatable with refresh at 57hz (my screen specs will accept 57hz). I do see the new resolutions in Matrox, NVidia control panel "native resolution" and also in FSX. All set to 5040 x 1050. All but SGU. It only has a max of 3840 x 1042!!!! WHY??
So I get real bad video corruption unless I go back down to 3840 x 1042.

Thanks guy's,
Ken

kemy
03-11-2009, 10:26 AM
THere you go, this is what you need, it worked for me.
Apparantly the SGU utility doesn't update itself after the firmware update, so if you install this new SGU you will see res. upto 5040.

Good Luck

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/drivers/download/th2go/sgu/

KanadaKen
03-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Great!
This must be a brand-new update?
I will try it later today.

Many thanks,
Ken

KanadaKen
03-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Nope. I already have this version and still only max res of 3840 x 1042??

kemy
03-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Nope. I already have this version and still only max res of 3840 x 1042??

ok, did you try reinstalling your firmware ? try that with the Dec 2008 version then reinstall SGU

Peter Dowson
03-11-2009, 01:56 PM
All set to 5040 x 1050. All but SGU. It only has a max of 3840 x 1042!!!! WHY??
So I get real bad video corruption unless I go back down to 3840 x 1042.

3840 x 1024 is, I think, the maximum resolution for the analogue version of TH2GO, and is probably the limit for the digital version unless you use the special dual DVI cable supplied with that version and your video card is dual-DVI capable. (That's not two separate DVI sockets, but one socket supplying stuff for two screns worth of video).

Regards
Pete

kemy
03-11-2009, 02:05 PM
3840 x 1024 is, I think, the maximum resolution for the analogue version of TH2GO, and is probably the limit for the digital version unless you use the special dual DVI cable supplied with that version and your video card is dual-DVI capable. (That's not two separate DVI sockets, but one socket supplying stuff for two screns worth of video).

Regards
Pete
Yep, 100% , I run the digital upto 4320X900 because 2 of my monitors cannot refresh at 57Hz as required.

KanadaKen
03-11-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm running TH2Go digital with DVI sockets etc...
Perhaps re-install firmware as suggested above by Kemy?

Is that the famous Peter Dowson of FSUIPC fame?

Ken

Tony Hill
03-12-2009, 04:16 AM
This is the latest Powerdesk (dec 2008 )
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/gxm/software/?os=2&product=71

and this is the latest firmware update the one that will new reso;utions to the list of supported res.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/gxm/windows/th2go/digital/howto1/

Hope this helps.

Thanks Mate,

But I already had the latest downloads. GMX runs fine, the problem is that
Matrox Power desk won't open at all, just goes back to desktop. Therefore I can't get "bezel management"...the reason I bought the digital.

Of course when the cockpit is built and I only have front view, no cockpit showing on screen, the problem will not be as noticable.

Hopefully before then I can fix the problem (new graphics card?)

cheers for the thoughts

Darryl

kemy
03-12-2009, 04:41 AM
Thanks Mate,

But I already had the latest downloads. GMX runs fine, the problem is that
Matrox Power desk won't open at all, just goes back to desktop. Therefore I can't get "bezel management"...the reason I bought the digital.

Of course when the cockpit is built and I only have front view, no cockpit showing on screen, the problem will not be as noticable.

Hopefully before then I can fix the problem (new graphics card?)

cheers for the thoughts

Darryl

Hi Darryl,

I don't think it's the graphics card , looks like a software installation problem, been there , spent days before I solved it :)
Why don't you do it all from the begining? that was my final resort and fixed it.

you totally uninstall the TH2G software and drivers, you plug back a single monitor direct to your PC and restart, then make sure the drivers were deleted and the software folders are deleted, and re-install everything again.

Good Luck

Tony Hill
03-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks mate,

I tried that and got a bit further...this time the programme actually flicked up on screen before disappearing. However in the process I shut down Track IR4 (for no particular reason) and suddenly everything worked.

I found that if trackIR starts first then PowerDesk will not start. But if you start powerdesk and then start TIR4, they run quite happily together!

Thanks for your help, I would have been there for days too...so I owe you a couple...

Darryl

KanadaKen
05-07-2009, 05:15 PM
So I reinstalled all the Matrox SGU and GMX/Powerdesk drivers/software again, and removed and reinstalled the 178. drivers.
Viola! I got the 5040 res finally showing up in SGU and Powerdesk...but now I cannot get the Nvidia Native Resolution above 3860, so in game (FSX) when I set display res to 5040, the display is better than before, but I still do not get my 2D cockpit at all, and the mouse pointer still flickers (albeit not as badly as before).

So I'm slowly getting there.
Anyone know any suggestions for getting my Nvidia native resolution up to match my desktops 5040?
Thanks kindly guy's.

Ken

sgaert
05-08-2009, 02:02 AM
Hello,

for information my correspondence with the Matrox Support.

My question:

Hello, i have a T2G Digital work with my WinXP64 on a resulution of 5040x1050. Now i try WinVista 64bit with the Vista 64 driver, i can´t use the resulution of 5040x1050 the frequenz is to low. My LG TFT´s show only 48Hz. The Software Profil show 57Hz. The Video driver is Geforce 182.50 beta. T2G driver is 1.0.0.6 file vxp2k_gmx_2_04_00_011_whql. All lower resulutions work without any problems.

Matrox answer:

Unfortunately, we’re aware of an issue where the configuration works great in Win XP64 but when it comes to Vista 64, the display drivers are completely different.
We’ve been able to reproduce this issue and have notified Nvidia in regards to this issue. Windows XP drivers work fine, Vista drivers do not allow our unit to work correctly.

Answer for my question witch Driver Version work with Vista 64:

At the present time there is no available driver.

Regards,
Stefan

Nosferatu05
07-18-2009, 10:34 AM
Hi there

I am using the TH2G with FSX too. I have a shown screen resoultion in display settings of 5040x1050, the SGU is set for FSX to 5040x1050 and ingame I also have the resolution shown for full screen.

But as soon as I change to full screen, the screens go black and flicker. I thought it might be a Hertz problem but other games like WoW, HAWX work fine.

So all I can do right now is playing in windowed mode. Does anyone know how to fix that? I am using a 8800 GTS with dual core CPU

airwolfe
07-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Hi there

I am using the TH2G with FSX too. I have a shown screen resoultion in display settings of 5040x1050, the SGU is set for FSX to 5040x1050 and ingame I also have the resolution shown for full screen.

But as soon as I change to full screen, the screens go black and flicker. I thought it might be a Hertz problem but other games like WoW, HAWX work fine.

So all I can do right now is playing in windowed mode. Does anyone know how to fix that? I am using a 8800 GTS with dual core CPU

Have you tried using a lower resolution ? Make sure you use it both on your desktop and in FSX... they have to be the same. Mine is 3840x1024. I am using a 9800GT+ ... if I crank up the settings too much I get stutter and flashing screens also. I hope this helps.

Nosferatu05
07-20-2009, 02:36 PM
yeah I have a resoultion from 5040x1050 on desktop and inagme. the problem was, that some drivers seem to be dmg. i uninstalled TH2G and FSX, defragment the system and reinstalled everything. No it works in full screen just fine and I can enjoy it ;)

BTW the Anti-aliasing is responible for the black screen. As soon as I turn it off, it works good.

Thanks for your help

airwolfe
07-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Glad you got it worked out. Enjoy !