PDA

View Full Version : switches and AutoHotKey. possible good solution

joaocbm
02-01-2009, 01:35 AM
Hi all,

i am in the process of building my home cockpit and something came up when trying to visualize the work to be done.

If I want to have a switch capable of turning on aircraft lights, for instance, at the same time as illuminate a LED, am i thinking right about the following solution:

Get a double pole single throw, connect one pole to the keyboard interface, the other to the LED light and power supply for the led.

Then, as it will be switched on while lights are on, i would use AutoHotKey to take advantage of the particularity that keyboards stop repeating a key even if it is still pressed, if another key is pressed.

So, i would, for instance, program AutoHotKey to press an unused key, say "a" after the letter "l" is pressed.

So one pole was on busy getting the LED on, while the other pole, while on as well, was not sending nothing due to the press of the "a" key right after the "l" key, that was sent by the switch.

Help me here, am i thinking right?

Trevor Hale
02-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Your on the right track, or you can buy an interface that allows you to turn on the lights with that switch and have an output read that the lights are on, and illuminate the led.

Your choice.

Your solution is the cheapest solution.

Best regards,

Trev

Jackpilot
02-01-2009, 10:03 AM
GoFlight pushbutton or toggle modules can do that and more .
No programming, just attach your switch wire and your led wire to the board and click on what you want to emulate
Each board is $65 and takes eight switches and leds.
They have radios, autopilots, gear..etc