PDA

View Full Version : Leo Bodnar I/O board question

mach7
02-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Hello. Maybe this is too basic a question, I have searched the forums but could not find a solution. Just recieved my leo bodnar IO board and I am trying to hook some on/off rocker switches to it. There is no tutorial or PDF guide that comes with this hardware.

Is there anyone that can give me a step by step on how to set the switch up to operate inside MSFS for an ON/OFF operation?

I have FSUIPC and have connected the board to the computer. The switch in question has an ON/OFF selection so I have run two wires from the switch to the board.....(not sure if I have connected the gnd correctly though).

If someone could run me through using a switch to operate...say.. the beacon switch of MSFS C172...this will give me enough education to get more technical with my setup.

Thanks in advance...

-Jim

colt45
02-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Have that set up right in front of me so here goes

1. One wire from one connector on switch to B1 terminal one board, a second wire from second connector on switch to the corresponding ground terminal. Note you can use any of the B1 to B31 pairs, but I assumed since this is your first switch you would use B1.

2. Open FS and then FSUIPC at the Modules menu entry. Click on the Buttons+Switches tab in FSUIPC.

3. Click on the rocker switch and you should see the Joystick#, Button # boxes get numbers entered. In my case Joystick #2, Button #0.

4. Put a check mark in the "Select for FS Control" box to the right of the Button # box.

5. Open drop down menu by clicking on upside down triangle beside "Control sent when button pressed". Scroll down to the FS action you want in this case Toggle Beacon Lights. A short cut would be to enter the letter T to take you to the first entries starting with that letter and then scroll to the one you want.

6. Repeat step 5 for the "Control sent went button released".

7. Close FSUIPC by clicking on OK.

8. Push rocker switch and watch toggle switch on panel.

That should do it.

Cheers, Dave