PDA

View Full Version : FS .cfg sees a different chipset instead of new video card

Michael Carter
02-11-2009, 10:30 AM
In the FS main .cfg file, FS is seeing the on-board video chipset instead of the new video card I installed in the system yesterday.

However, when in the hardware profile within FS, the video card shows up just fine. In addition, I changed the resolution to 600x800 in the .cfg file, but amazingly enough, the monitor is displaying a huge resolution. Much larger that would have ever displayed on the shop computer's video card. It's causing the jitters again in FS when trying to undock the MIP display to the MIP monitor. I know that's what is causing this, because it's not running at it's native resolution and is screwing FS up.

Any ideas about the .cfg file strangeness?

Rodney
02-11-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm not clear if you are using the on-board video. If not disable it in your BIOS.

Michael Carter
02-11-2009, 11:57 AM
No I'm not. I'm using both outputs from the ATI Sapphire card, and a single output on the new card to drive the engine stack.

RalphW
02-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Not at home at the moment but I thought that you could set the video card details in the display.cfg file?

Michael Carter
02-11-2009, 12:31 PM
I guess I'll have to do that as well as set the resolution.

I just hope I call it the right name.

Tony
02-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi,
Every time when you change graphic cards there will be an entry in the FS cfg file as follows : DISPLAY .....
Once you change there will be more than one DISPLAY entry somewhere in the cfg file.
Search for duplicate DISPLAY entries and delete/remove all "old" ones.

Kind regards
Tony

Michael Carter
02-11-2009, 01:00 PM
There are no duplicates. The Sapphire entire art there and the MB chipset video. I guess as was suggested I'll just have to change the name.

The strange part of this is that in the FS display hardware manager it shows up fine

Rodney
02-11-2009, 01:40 PM
By disabling the on-board video you also free up memory and cpu resources.

andarlite
02-11-2009, 03:44 PM
I guess I'll have to do that as well as set the resolution.

I just hope I call it the right name.

Rename your FS9.cfg to something else, then start up FS9. A new FS9.cfg will be generated.... it should pick up your new video card and the old one too. Copy those lines out and replaced them into your renamed cfg. Delete the newly generated cfg and rename the original back to FS9.cfg.

Regards,
Henry