PDA

View Full Version : computer set up fsx

spiro
03-07-2009, 03:58 PM
hi all i am gathering info about my mip dimentions and thanks to a good frend
i am geting good very good info;);)what i whant to ask is that i am mixed up about the softwere and computer lay out i am reading and reding but i need help understanding i know allot about computers but simulation is somyhing very diffrent what i whant to do is a cockpit with 3 monitors for the mip and for starters 1 monitor for veiw but in the future another 2 moniters(with out changing pc)my progect is on the 747-200 with alot of analogical instruments
i have be told about fs studio panel but i dont have fs9 i have fsx can enybody help me out on how many pc i need and if i need more than 1 what softwere is best for anolg instruments and not glass cockpits i am not going to use the pc that i have got know so i am going to start from zero how ever can help i will need it thanks:roll:
spiros

KenK
03-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi Spiro:

FS Panel Studio will work with Fs9 and Fs10 . Check out the manual on their website.

If you want to start with a simple display interface you might find a cheap analog Matrox Dual Head To Go and connect 3 monitors. It works great on my generic Cessna-Craft cockpit. See attached picture

Regards
Ken K

spiro
03-08-2009, 01:28 PM
thanks ken
i asked at a shop in athens about the fs panel studio and they told me that
it is only for fs9 i will check it out thanks so its better with fs panel studio
than any other like fs xpand and so on?

spiro
03-08-2009, 02:52 PM
dear ken i was looking at the matox daul head it seems much cheeper
putting 2 video cards on the motherboard with 2 out puts each so 4 outputs
will this work?????

KenK
03-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Hi Spiro :
FSxpand lets you build your own custom panels and put them on a separate computer. The main computer runs Fsim and the second shows gages. I have not tried this software .

FS Panel Studio only lets you customize panels on your existing FSim aircraft. It DOES NOT run multiple displays. I used FSpanel Studio to modify my existing panels so they would look good when split across 2 displays by the Dual-Head 2Go

I used the Dual-Head 2Go because I got one at very low cost and my budget is small. I also wanted to keep it simple.

There is a lot of great software to put outside views and instrument panels on separate displays. I would just keep looking here to see what has the most support.

Regards Ken K