PDA

View Full Version : 737 Eicas monitor

Goldmember
03-09-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm struggling with the Eicas monitor. When I planned my cockpit, I figured I would take a 17"-ish monitor to put it behind the center panel to cover the Eicas, flaps indicator and backup instruments all together. In practice, the switches for autobrake, fuel flow etcetera are in the way. It means this monitor would sit 5-7 cm behind the panel, which gives the illusion more of a peep show instead of a cockpit :D

Any tips on this?

Jackpilot
03-09-2009, 11:44 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c29/jackpilot/engineDU.jpg

This way you are loosing only the top stand-by , which is not used anymore in new 737s

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c29/jackpilot/eicas.jpg

The flap gauge can be incorporated into the PM Engine DU (EICAS)
If you want it in the panel use the Simkit gauge (USB plug and play) inexpensive and works well.

Goldmember
04-18-2009, 11:54 AM
It's been a while but here's how I finally solved it. The best fit is a 14,1" widescreen. The challenge though is that this is a very rare monitor size. It's being used in laptops. So I took a 15,6" widescreen monitor and replaced the panel with a 14,1" I bought from a laptop repair shop. The connection to LCD panels is a standard 30 pins flatcable for the data and 1 or 2 wires for the backlighting. If you take a monitor with the same resolution and the same amount of backlight wires, it appears to work.

The nice thing about this solution is that you don't have to rotate the monitor (which you have to do with a 12" because it's partly behind the standby instruments). A rotated monitor gives a very poor horizontal viewing angle so either the captain or the F/O can't read it. The key is however that you choose to have the standby instruments simulated in the software and display them behind the holes in the panel. See pix.

tnpoon
05-15-2009, 06:07 AM
I think for eicas1 (Upper EICAS) you will find a 17" ish monitor useful, and for the eicas2 (Lower EICAS) you will find a 10" (ish) monitor useful. :):):)