PDA

View Full Version : Progresses with the Learjet 45 simulator

vcimmino
03-24-2009, 05:03 AM
Hi,
It's long time that I decided to make a simulator and only in the last few months this has become something more true. I'm now giving it my spare time and I chose to go for the Learjet 45 as it's a clean and overhead free aircraft. Something difficult is that none made yet commercial panels for it and available drawings have to be adapted and corrected to make parts. As I like close to real things I spent a lot of time in design and CAM to further mill the parts out of my CNC.

So I wanted to show progresses that I made while creating avionics. Those are fully backlit, and box enclosed to fit ahead of the MIP. The hardware logic part in them is arranged to be stright connected with FC cables to an opencockpit's mastercard or any other card I might buy and have a common ground for inputs.

I'm happy about my work so far and I'm moving on fast now. Hopefully I will have a full working cockpit very soon! :cool:

Matt Olieman
03-24-2009, 05:34 AM
Quite impressive :)

Thanks for the photos and updates :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

Per Alm
03-24-2009, 08:23 AM
As I said in the forum in the Hangar 45...........Very very impressive!

Truly amazing!!

Best Regards / Per

Michael Carter
03-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Very nice work. They look real.

The Honeywell logo is a nice touch.

Joe Cygan
03-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Great work! Looks like a million bucks.

warvet
03-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Absolutely beautiful workmanship, can't wait to see it finished. Im sure it will be amazing based on level of craftsmanship, attention to detail and effort even so far. Good luck Sir.
Tim

Tomlin
03-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Having seen a lot of Vince's work as it's progressed over the past several months, I can say that he is one of the best craftsman there is in the hobby. It has been an absolute pleasure having him in our LJ builder's group. I had no idea that CNC could be used so effectively!