PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am Nick (the Greek) !!!

Nick1150
06-16-2009, 05:10 AM
Hi,

My name is Nick, I am 34 yo living in Athens and I fly online for almost one year now with VATSIM and with the colors of Aegean Airlines in Greece. I love flying online, and to be honest I started with a 20 euros joystic and a 300 euros PC just to test if I would like it or not.

Without noticing my desktop PC already costs more than my Sony Vaio laptop!!! I am flying with a simple setup (2 x 17" LCD monitors) and I am now in the process of installing a second Nvidia 9600GT video card for a third 17" LCD monitor and a wall projector for the external view!!!

I do not plan to build a full size cockpit, but I would like to build only the captain's side, so I am in the process of searching for the best way to do this.

Nice to be here ;)

Nick

pdpo
06-16-2009, 07:49 AM
HI there,

the best thing you can do is come over ones and fly on ivao too. There is some more traffic
over there , certainly in the mainland europe. You know the saying... the more souls the more fun.

Greetz Peter

Trevor Hale
06-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Hey Nick.

No matter if you are a desktop Pilot, or a full sim builder, we are a friendly community of aviation enthusiasts.

Welcome to MyCockpit!

Trev

dnoize
06-16-2009, 09:40 AM
I do not plan to build a full size cockpit, but I would like to build only the captain's side, so I am in the process of searching for the best way to do this.

Kalispera Nick,

welcome to this great place...

captains side? hmmm

shameless plug: ;-)

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14818

Stef

Nick1150
06-17-2009, 12:45 AM
Hi again,

Thanks for the warm welcome :D

I am already registered in IVAO, but I have few friends (ATCs) in VATSIM network so I mostly fly there. I will eventually fly with IVAO too ;)

As far as my project is concerned, I will post to the building forum for more details. I have thousand of questions to ask :p

Thanks again

Nick