PDA

View Full Version : 757 with Project Magenta

fuerteventura
06-20-2009, 11:44 AM
I am in the planning stages of building a cockpit - ideally I want to build a 757. I have considered going down the route of using LevelD and having a 767 using FlightDeckSolutions hardware (I understand it works with LevelD), as the 767 is very similar to a 757. Further to this, I am guessing that the 757 currently in development from LevelD will have SDK as good as the 757, and this will enable me to use the same hardware as I would use for the 767.

However, I am looking at using Project Magenta for the 757. I have been looking at the Boeing Demos from Project Magenta. I can see that they have a 747 style MCP, which is the same as a 757 MCP so no probs there. I have also noted that they have the EFIS, PFD etc for 757/767. However, is there a way of having a 757 FMS7CDU? If so, how would you select this style of FMS? I can select 767-300 but the CDU doesn't change from the 737 style. Also, is specifications for a 757 stored anywhere in Project magenta?

I guess the main question is - can you use Project Magenta for a 757?
Cheers,

Mark

pdpo
06-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Hi mark,

I am not following level-D software but Niko Kaan does qnd he mentioned on his site he was adjusting his software to make it easier to handle the upcomming level-D 757. However I have no idea about the time frame.

Greetz Peter

rhysb
06-20-2009, 01:19 PM
There is a very good modification online that allows you to use the Posky757 model with all the current leveld 767 systems. Very good and can recommend it

fuerteventura
06-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Many thanks for both of your replies - the POSKY merge certainlylooks interesting - I do understand however that there is a problem with the fuel calculation. Also, I would be very surprised if it's supported by LevelD! Does LevelD restrict you to using 1 computer or is there a way of networking the gauges? PC at FlightDeckSolutions informaed me that this is the case. I do however remember reading that there is some way to network the gauges???? Also, does anyone use Project Magenta for a 757? Cheers.

fuerteventura
07-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Update - I have now decided to build a 737NG - I don't think there's enough hardware and software right now to build a 757. WHen LevelD release their 757 I'll be sure to enjoy it with some hardware and a nice big monitor, but I don't think it will ever become my main project.