PDA

View Full Version : newbie

diplom32
07-06-2009, 04:32 AM
Hej my name is Erik. I live in Australia, but born in Denmark.I have been flying flightsim for 17 years. Now I would like to build a motion platform. I am a novice to the motion hardware, but can handle the the building of the of the cockpit. I belive that drivers and software for the motion is already ready to
buy. I got a lot of web surfing to do so hello.

riche543
07-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Hey Erik Welcome , Im sure you will enjoy your time here, & ask the questions & share your knowhow.. Where in australia you from im north shore sydney.. Riche..

Goldmember
07-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Welcome from Holland as well! I believe motion platforms are going to be hot in the near future. More and more people start a new cockpit (like me last feb) and the people who are closer to finishing might consider a platform.

Just lookup "6dof" or terms like that on youtube and you find a lot of DIY stuff. On this forum there's a recent thread from Douwe (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14922), with contributions of Roland, two Dutch guys who have great projects with motion platforms. (gee I must sound like a patriot :D)

diplom32
07-09-2009, 05:53 AM
Hey Erik Welcome , Im sure you will enjoy your time here, & ask the questions & share your knowhow.. Where in australia you from im north shore sydney.. Riche..

Hej Riche.
I live in Kirrawee (Sutherland Shire), I use FSX overclocked cpu 4.6 Ghz, triplehead with 3x 22 inch monitors, love to fly propeller planes, mostly Beech Baron. Have flewn Around Australia 2 Times, spend most of my time on the computer seaching for Scenery, I can follow the changes in my old country Denmark by download the scenery and then fly around. Are you going to the Flight Expo in Brisbane in October Me and a friend are going up for the Weekend, not very expensive. Thanks for your response
Erik.