PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ottawa, Canada!

tsmvp
07-14-2009, 11:26 PM
So after putting more than 30 hours flying on FSX I decided it is worth the time and money (and effort!) to build a cockpit and more than that after my wife saw my now messy office with the Saitek stuff (Yoke, Rudder, Switch Panel, Quadrant) she gave me the go ahead to build a cockpit! As long as it is not on my home office. :mrgreen:
Still a lot to learn but so far I really like it. Played older versions of FS a long time ago and just now decided to try FSX. Great so far.
As I have a Mac Pro, thinking about trying X-Plane. Apparently all the Saitek gear works on it, at least what I have.
But with the new modules announced (Multifunction and COM gear stuff) I am sure it will not work right away on X-Plane so I may stick with FSX!
I will also post about my cockpit shortly so I can start getting ideas!

Cheers!

CR

Trevor Hale
07-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Welcome to MyCockpit..

What a great idea.. Unfortunately your wife will regret giving you the permission after the fact, but thats ok... cause it will be too late then LOL.

Great to have you here and I can't wait to see your project progress.

Trev

tsmvp
07-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Welcome to MyCockpit..

What a great idea.. Unfortunately your wife will regret giving you the permission after the fact, but thats ok... cause it will be too late then LOL.

Great to have you here and I can't wait to see your project progress.

Trev

Well better hurry before she changes her mind. Typical for women, heh? :mrgreen:

Anyone else in the Ottawa area? I see you are from Ontario Trevor. Would be great to meet people around here so we can not only have some discussions over a beer or two but also do some online flying every once in a while.

CR