PDA

View Full Version : 737NG Pit Takeoff at Atlanta (Video)

ChrisKLAS
08-15-2009, 12:27 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fTgvLMoQo6I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fTgvLMoQo6I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

3 beamers with curved wrap around screen now installed. Next to come (within 2 weeks), SISMO overhead panel. Also working on projector seam blending.

Geremy Britton
08-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Chris would you mind telling me what your software spec is?

Are you running PM etc etc.
Where are the enhanced sounds from, I particularly liked the gear retraction sound. :)

A great setup and the visuals look great ... seamless.
Thanks for sharing :)

ChrisKLAS
08-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi Geremy,

Thanks for the nice words!

Software setup is FS9.1, PM, and Thomas Richter's great 737NG software for PMSystems. Visuals are TH2GO, SOL7 warping software, and three EX525ST short throw beamers (not entirely happy with the resolution; looking to upgrade at this time). Everything's running across 6 PCs.

The sounds came from the library here at MyCockpit, but I've made some pretty extensive modifications to them, mixing sounds from a few other packages in, adjusting levels, etc. The gear sound, I believe, is standard from the soundpack I downloaded from here.

autocadplease
08-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Wow, Chris that's awesome!:o

Maybe you could upload your sounds to the file library one day?

HondaCop
08-15-2009, 02:26 PM
What an outstanding setup, my friend!!! I see you have a TH2Go with 3 projectors. I also have a TH2Go and I plan on getting 3 projectors as well. I guess my best bet in order to make it all work nicely would be this Sol7 software?

ChrisKLAS
08-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks again for all of the comments, guys.

I'd love to upload the sounds to the library, but some of the elements are taken from payware packages (such as the runway "rumble"), so that wouldn't be possible. I will consider uploading the sounds with the payware files missing, and including a readme on where you can get them, if you'd like that.

This whole project wouldn't have been possible without the great SOL7 software from Immersaview. I wasn't willing to deal with three straightboards aligned at 40 degree angles with that horrible seam in the middle of the views. As I told Andy from Immersaview after I tried the SOL7 trial, their warping software is the best money I've spent on the entire project!

choffmann
08-16-2009, 04:10 AM
Chris,

could you please post a picture or schema of your curved wrap around screen? Did you build the screen by yourself and if so, how?
If you bought it, where?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Anderson/SBSP
08-16-2009, 04:24 AM
Wow!! Very nice cockipt!!!