PDA

View Full Version : Hard wiring a master lights test?

HondaCop
08-27-2009, 02:47 AM
Can anyone help me with a simnple diagram on how I should hard wire the master light test on the 737NG MIP, instead of doing it via SIOC?

I am using the OC USB Outputs card to light up my annunciators and all outputs are NEGATIVE, which means that all annunciators have a common 5V connection.

How would I go about wiring a light test? I have a feeling that a diode might be involved but not quite sure yet. Maybe a diode on EACH output connected to ground via the test switch? Thanks for any help.

fordgt40
08-27-2009, 03:52 AM
Efrain

I am probably being very dim here:p. Why are you not using a SIOC routine to test the lights?

Regards

David

HondaCop
08-27-2009, 05:06 AM
Efrain

I am probably being very dim here:p. Why are you not using a SIOC routine to test the lights?

Regards

David

lol That is a BRIGHT idea! :p

But seriously, how would that script look like? Any examples? Thanks...

fordgt40
08-27-2009, 05:43 AM
Efrain

The best advice and service I can offer you is to learn and try programming in SIOC. You will never find examples that will totally suit what you need. Also, as you learn SIOC you will understand its power and often be able to solve hardware issues as well.

Programming examples abound, just try Nico Kiek`s website. Programming a light test is dead easy - just dip your toe in the water, you will be surprised.

Regards

David