PDA

View Full Version : New member building Nimrod

XV148
09-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Hi, just joined this forum to get some inspiration to start the flight sim conversion of my flight deck of the Prototype Nimrod XV148 (last Comet Made)(www.geocities.com/cometmp). Wondered if anybody can recommend Flightdeck Technology USB boards, using LCD panels behind standard flight panels for instruments and also ideas in connecting two yokes under the floor?
Regards
Martin

Geremy Britton
09-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Wow, the project looks fantastic .. certainly an excellent project.

Such a unique and rare aircraft and such a great restoration.. this is one of my personal favourite aircrafts in terms of aesthetics and structural design.. another of my favourites in the Victor K2... must be that beige colour they paint them LOL.

Where abouts in the UK are you located.. there are many of us scatted over the UK and its nice to have another with such a great project join the group.

Best Regards

XV148
09-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi Geremy
I am in Wiltshire near Lyneham, Regards Martin

PaulEMB
09-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Hi Martin,

What a great project! Many congratulations on the work so far.

I use FDS Sys boards, and can recommend them - very easy to use and configure, and the software driven control makes wiring panels much easier.

Keep us posted of your progress.

turbopropdriver
09-18-2009, 03:53 AM
Awesome. Always good to see someone building something different from the run of the mill stuff, especially an old "analogue" a/c.

Keep us updated :p