PDA

View Full Version : hi guys

deakin09
09-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Hi all
Well im 28 year old automations engineer from shropshire and like all of you i am mad about flying/sim flying and had some real world flying lessons. but cost put a stop to that :(

So thought i would build my own cockpit with a motion base system as i can add to to it when money allowes. I look farward to getting some advice off you guys and mybe giving some to.

Untilll then

chris

Matt Olieman
09-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Hi Chris, seems you're in the same boat as most of us :) and also the love of flying :)

Welcome aboard, you've come the right place, lot's of builders ready to guide you through your building adventure.

Matt Olieman

flyboy01
09-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi Chris,
Welcome to the forum from Australia. You will indeed find a wealth of knowledge here from the other members. Hope you get all that you hope for from building your sim. Have you decided how you will go building your sim and what model you will base it on?
All the best
Trevor

deakin09
09-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys

In response to the type of cockpit I'm am looking to build its the boeing B738 model glass gauges type cockpit as apposed to analogue guages as i think they will be more expensive to construct where as the glass gauges i can use LCD screens.

I intend on building as much of the equipment myself and as mentioned before i would also like to build 6 dof plat form as well

regards chris