PDA

View Full Version : FsXpand problem... :C

bananlolan
09-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Grettings fellow simmer! :D

Ok... So here's the case.

I start FSX and FsXpand. No problems detected yet...
I try to connect to FsXpand (from another computer) and the client returns the error:
Run-Time error '10047':

Address Family is not supported

Things that might be helpful:
The server windows vista.
The client runs WinXP.
I've tried running the server and the client (on the same computer, where FSX is running) and it returns the same error.
I use FsXPand 5.7 unregistred.

Thank you.

JBaymore
09-08-2009, 02:13 PM
I bet it is your IP situation.

When running on the SAME machine you need to establish a separate IP for each part of the program. When on the network you'll make your life easier with fixed IPs beacues it expects a certain IP.

See their forum for the exact fixes.

best,

................john

bananlolan
09-18-2009, 09:36 AM
I bet it is your IP situation.

When running on the SAME machine you need to establish a separate IP for each part of the program. When on the network you'll make your life easier with fixed IPs beacues it expects a certain IP.

See their forum for the exact fixes.

best,

................john

Hello.

I have a fixed IP and it still returns the same error (assuming I havn't misunderstood the word fixed ip ;) ).

Thank you.

/Alex

peter1b1
09-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Alex,

you are running a registered copy of FSUIPC?
Also how did you fix your IP addresses? Should be manually set on each computer in the TCP/IP protocol area with usually a number sequence like 192.168.0.1 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and the other computer same IP address with the last number changed to either 2 or another number, note both computer need the same subnet mask.

I just re created the same problem, it was due to my client having a wireless internet connection as well as the normal lan connection, soon as I disabled the wireless it worked fine, not sure why but that fixed it.
Hopefully will help youl

Regards

Peter

bananlolan
09-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Alex,

you are running a registered copy of FSUIPC?
Also how did you fix your IP addresses? Should be manually set on each computer in the TCP/IP protocol area with usually a number sequence like 192.168.0.1 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and the other computer same IP address with the last number changed to either 2 or another number, note both computer need the same subnet mask.

I just re created the same problem, it was due to my client having a wireless internet connection as well as the normal lan connection, soon as I disabled the wireless it worked fine, not sure why but that fixed it.
Hopefully will help youl

Regards

Peter

Hello.

My FSUIPC is registered and the IP is fixed (I will attach screenies ;) ).

The client is running FSXpand 5.7 and Win32 XP Media Center Edition (Swedish)

The server is running FSXpand 5.7 and Win32 Vista Home Premium (Swedish), FSX w/ Acceleration and FSUIPC.

Thank you.

/Alex

JBaymore
09-20-2009, 10:03 AM
FSXpand does not depend on FSUIPC in any way.... so the version does not matter.

The genesis of this issue is discussed at length on the FSXpand forum. Look at the old threads. Or start a new one....... Gert (the author) responds quickly to help out.

best,

.................john