PDA

View Full Version : Which Phidget boards do you use?

PittsburghLever
09-17-2009, 12:32 AM
As I am still considering writing something like FS2Phidget, I am trying to see what the need is out there. I would appreciate it if those of you out there using Phidget boards would tell me which boards and hence which boards I would have to support if I venture further in this endeavor.

gokhotit
09-17-2009, 03:26 AM
I use strictly phidgets. I use a couple 0/16/16s and a 8/8/8 also the LED64 boards. I will be using the servo contoller and LCD in the future.

Holclo
09-17-2009, 04:06 AM
LED 64

Bill

KenK
09-17-2009, 08:40 AM
I use the LED64. Also Alan Dyers software. I like the ability to create led functions using existing FSUIPC offsets.The logic functions are great also.

This is good software but still needs a little work especially the error handling.

Ken K

JBaymore
09-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Great news there!!!!!! THANKS for thinking about doing this.

I use LED64, a few TEXTlcds with the combined 8/8/8/ in them, and will soon be using the servo controller to power my wet compass. Might also add some low power relays too to power stuff like the stick shaker motor.

It is a real shame that Alan quit with working and supporting FS2Phidget. Easy to understand though. Maybe he'd share the source code with you now that he has discontinued it. A shame to completely "reinvent the wheel".

best,

...................john

Shawn
09-17-2009, 11:49 AM
I am using the LED64, Alan's software works great for me but now that he has stopped work on it someone willing to take up the challenge would be great.

PittsburghLever
09-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Thanks for all the replies. This helps a great deal. Now, just to manage expectations, I can't promise anything nor can I give a timeline of any software from me. Further, I don't myself have all the boards, so any testing on it would be somewhat of a logistical problem at best.

Now, an additional question: Someone mentioned logic functions. I have not myself seen FS2Phidget (due to the state of my own sim). Can someone explain to me what that is all about? I figure that it is the ability to have some logic evaluated when an event occurs (input or output) and act based on that. Is that the case? If not, is that something that would be valuable?

KenK
09-17-2009, 04:06 PM
The logic editor is part of another program called fs variable editor.
Basically it includes a drop down window which allows you to assign a function which becomes true if the preceeding evaluations are true. Example:

Function-----------variable ---------------- Evaluation

If **************oil pres 1 ***************< 20
or**************oil pres 2 ***************< 20
and*************eng running **************= 1
then************Kens master caution*********= 1

"Kens master caution" could then be assigned to light an led.

I have been away from it for a while so I dont remember the details.
If you run the fs variable program supplied by Alan Dyer and click on LOGIC
it will be a little more clear.

I would welcome an update of this software. Go for it !!!

Regards Ken K

Philb737
09-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Thank you!
8/8/8- 0/16/16 -0-0-4- servo controller-PhidgetAdvancedServo 8-Motor- HC DC motor controller, Text LCD with 8/8/8-0/0/8:)

PittsburghLever
09-17-2009, 08:59 PM
"Kens master caution" could then be assigned to light an led.

Do you know how often this logic is evaluated?

KenK
09-17-2009, 10:48 PM
I dont know how often the logic was evaluated. The sim is down for a rebuild right now. As I recall it seemed to be often enough to be satisfactory for a couple variables. If many were added it probably would slow down. I will look thru my notes and see if I documented anything on sampling times.

Regards Ken K

JBaymore
09-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Pittsburghlever,

There is an announcement that Alan (of FS2Phidget) is back.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?p=89103&posted=1#post89103

Maybe he could use some help with his ongoing work?

best,

.................john