PDA

View Full Version : 737NG Update (Photo)

ChrisKLAS
09-26-2009, 02:20 AM
Finally, the sim is really starting to come together... at least to the point that by getting a little creative with the camera angle, it almost looks a bit real (save for the mouse and keyboard on the glareshield)!

This image shows AS81 enroute from Seattle to Sitka, Alaska.

The latest addition is the beautiful forward overhead panel from SISMO in Spain. What a piece of machinery! Every switch fully functional, fully interfaced, with 10bit servos powering all the "steam gauges." I'm still working to interface the servo card, which is why, for example, the cabin temp is indicating zero... brrrrrr!

The MIP and shell are from FDS, yokes from ACE, TQ from FSC, MCP/EFIS from CPFlight, and overhead as mentioned from SISMO. Software is PM running on a network of 6 PCs (some powerful, some "not"). Exterior visuals powered by a TH2GO mapped over three projectors onto a 24' curved hardboard screen. EVERYTHING ultimately powered by the good ole standard, stable as a rock FS9!

Hope you enjoy the photo! :)

http://www.airdisaster.com/chris/simhighres.jpg

riche543
09-26-2009, 02:43 AM
Wow !!!!!, Amazing job , How long has it taken you to get to that stage??

Anderson/SBSP
09-26-2009, 03:33 AM
Just one word: AMAZING!!! Congratulations my friend!! I love the SISMO parts, i have some wonderfull pieces.

Steve A
09-26-2009, 03:40 AM
I hope you dont mind but i print these kind of pictures off and they get stuck on the wall behind my sim, Inspirational :)

ran56
09-26-2009, 07:32 AM
How they let you sneak in a CH pedals in to the flight deck :cool:
Amazing job you did there, well done :)

Matt Olieman
09-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Chris, looks absolutely fabulous. Nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

And thanks for supporting our supporters and advertisers :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

Geremy Britton
09-26-2009, 08:43 AM
This realy does just goes to show for ultimate realism you don't need FSX :)

Joe Cygan
09-26-2009, 09:02 AM
That overhead is a thing of beauty! Really nice job.

QF6228
09-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Really good looking sim, I was just in Henderson Las Vegas last week playing golf at the Revere country club. Nice area, Nice sim.

Damien

phil744
09-26-2009, 05:39 PM
That is one kick *** setup, You lucky bugger!!, Same as Steve A, printed and is on the wall now, well done to you

ChrisKLAS
09-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Wow, thanks to all for the nice comments! I'm truly humbled! :shock:

Wow !!!!!, Amazing job , How long has it taken you to get to that stage??

I started buying 'parts' in March of this year.. the first ones (TQ, MCP, EFISx2) arrived in April. So I figure in total about 6 months to get to this point. I'm slowing down at this point, though. At such a pace this hobby chews up unimaginable sums of money in a very short period of time.

I have the 737NG interior liners from FDS on order, but other than that, and a couple sets of rudder pedals, most likely from Symulatory, I think I'll be good for awhile. I love the 'look' of a pedestal, but with the ability to work all radios via the PM FMC, it's not a necessity, at least not right away. Same with the aft overhead; it'll be there eventually, but it isn't integral to the experience. Oddly enough, I will pick up a tiller as soon as I have a place to mount it though, even though I could (and do) easily steer with my feet. :roll:

This realy does just goes to show for ultimate realism you don't need FSX :)

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have some of the eye candy FSX offers, especially more recent sceneries that blow FS9 versions out of the water. I have a ton of addon scenery that won't work in FSX, though, and it's really nice to see the FPS meter locked on 45 no matter what scenery, AI, and weather throw at it!

Maybe as Windows 7 gets itself established, and scenery designers start to fill in some of the 'gaps' between FS9 and FSX addon scenery.... who knows... :twisted:

Drewsta
09-27-2009, 03:31 AM
Awsome job mate...looking good!!

Happy flying and have fun with it.

Drewsta

choffmann
09-27-2009, 08:00 AM
Very neat job, indeed!

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have some of the eye candy FSX offers, especially more recent sceneries that blow FS9 versions out of the water. I have a ton of addon scenery that won't work in FSX,...

I remember reading somewhere there is a small compiler program for FS9 addon scenery to convert into FSX. It certainly only shows the FS9scenery "as is", and does not take into account the many more possibilities FSX offers to scenery designers. - However, I never downloaded it and it is probably not useable for many addons. Does anyone come across that program as well? I canīt remember where I read about it.

Chris

ph-yos
09-27-2009, 11:40 AM
What can I say, I'm just speechless

daynosnb
10-25-2015, 05:15 PM
Very Good JOB!! Super Nice look,.

Hey I'm from Las Vegas area too, you still in Henderson?
I just started working in my 737 cockpit one and a half month ago, so still pretty far away to that good looking work, but I can help you with servos and I could get some ideas from you, we could also join for some flights on the sim and real life to, I got my private pilot license and fly always out of Henderson Executive, let me know if you are interested, we can fly the sim as a crew, that could be great, and if you want to go flying a small cessna 172 or diamond DA40, we can too.
My name is Dayron, email me at: dayron.service@gmail.com

See you!