PDA

View Full Version : One or Two 23" LCDs??

shearder
09-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Hi all

I was on my way to buy another 23" lcd for my forward view. i suddenly thought that with 3 or 1 monitor the center of the view is in a full screen format - make sense? meaning with 2 monitors the center of a view will be where the 2 monitors join!! has anyone done this?? has it been a problem?? a th2g will NOT happen!

So - 1 or 2 23" LCSs??

Thanks in advance.

Steve A
09-28-2009, 12:37 PM
I think 2 monitors look quite smart, think of the bezels being your centre post of your windscreen
http://www.rogerdodger.net/diyflightsims/airliner_cockpit.html

Airhogg
09-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Good question Shearder,
The view across 2 monitors when using a single view window will center the view at the bezels, but if you open 2 or more view windows, you can select your center view to be any screen you want.

shearder
09-29-2009, 01:34 AM
Thanks a ton guys. Great points made!! I guess I get new monitor(s) today.

The reason i say monitors is that I have a 17" CRT and a 19" (4:3) LCD. I wanted to use the 19" for PFD and ND and the 17" for EICAS. Should i get a 17" rather for PFD/ND? Is a 19"not too big?

o76o
10-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Good question Shearder,
The view across 2 monitors when using a single view window will center the view at the bezels, but if you open 2 or more view windows, you can select your center view to be any screen you want.

Could you elaborate on that please?

I am experiencing the exact problem the OP is worried about. The bezels are right in the middle of my view, which makes it difficult when trying to land and takeoff.

Thanks.
Onur.

Airhogg
10-27-2009, 11:44 PM
Sure,
If you are using full screen mode and have 1 view window open then that view will center at the bezels of where the 2 monitors meet. You could however use windowed mode and open 2 virtual cockpit views. Size each of these views to fit 1 monitor each. Change the direction of the non-center view to match up with the center view by activating that window and holding down the space bar while moving the mouse around to align and viola! :D

o76o
10-28-2009, 08:05 AM
Cool Thanks chap!

I selected "New View > Virtual Cockpit" and then moved it about with the POV and adjusted the eye point slighty.

Excellent tip!