PDA

View Full Version : new cockpit

fly4food
11-22-2009, 06:01 AM
this is my first post , so hello everybody!

Sorry about my english, i´m from Spain (Europe):)

this is my question:

I have a triplehead2go, 1 epson full HD projector and fs9.
i´d like to have 180º screen, is there a curved screen? do i need anther 2 projectors? is easy to fix 3 in 1 screen ( so i wouldnt see any incorrection between projections )

thanks for your help

Aitor

No Longer Active
11-22-2009, 06:39 AM
Hola Aitor

Mucho Gusto!

Me llamo Alex Jay de Londres.

Bienvenido a MyCockpit!

(hablas un poco de espanol) :)

Alex

fly4food
11-22-2009, 06:40 AM
hola Alex, intentando hacer mi cockpit..., es complicado...:)

No Longer Active
11-22-2009, 06:52 AM
Que avion tu construir?

MartinK
11-22-2009, 06:54 AM
Hola Aitor,

Just take a good look at the following website:

http://www.insitesolutions.com.au/737project/

Click on the Design Details button on the left and
then the Visuals button on the top.

Your own favourite website has a LOAD of information on the subject
as well:

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=111

Happy reading!!!

Cheers,

Martin

fly4food
11-22-2009, 07:01 AM
737NG alex

fly4food
11-22-2009, 07:03 AM
thanks for the info martin, is really difficult to decide how to get best image settings for my fs... 2 or 3 projectors... curved or non curved screen....my god....

MartinK
11-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Well, just a few thoughts that might help you.

Regarding projectors: The choice between 1, 2 or 3 projectors might also be influenced by your budget. From a technical perspective there is not much of a difference; what I mean here is that there are many builders just using 1 projector and they are happy with it.
Have not seen many builders using 2 projectors but it can sure be done.
The ultimate view however will be achieved with 3 (or even 5 projectors).
This number will give you a pretty wide FOV (Field of View) and will allow
you to wrap the view around you cockpit which is basically impossible with just 1 projector.
If your budget allows you I would strongly suggest to go for 3 projectors.

Curved or no curved screen: The ultimate is indeed the curved screen. However, keep in mind you will need an add'l piece of software called SOL7
to correct the graphic distortion. SOL7 can be licensed from Immersaview (http://immersaview.com/sol7.html) at a pretty good discount for members of this forum. Just search this forum for sol7 and you will find a number of posts of people that have it in use.

Just start with 1 projector and experiment (a lot) to see how it will fit in your sim room and how to get a decent picture quality. If you are satisfied buy more projectors. From the experience you gain doing this step by step you will find that some things that might look very difficult at first are not in reality (how do you eat an elephant? One steak at the time.....)

And in doubt, don't worry; someone here on this forum will always be there to help you.

Cheers,

Martin

fly4food
11-22-2009, 07:02 PM
thanks martin, bought epson 5000 full hd with 1980x1080 resoltion, will try with this and will tellyou by the moment, also içm thinking of buying a new PC. now i have GPU core clock of 540mhz, GPU memory clock of 300 and nvidia 8600gt, whaat do you think?

thanks
Aitor

MartinK
11-23-2009, 04:30 AM
Hola Aitor,

That looks like a very serious projector but at a price as well.
Keep in mind that this is not a short throw projector so you will need some
space to get a decent size picture on your screenmaterial.

Also, running at 1980 x 1080 resolution will put an extra burden on your
graphics card. Most of us are running at 1024 x 768 and get more fps out
of the PC (to have a smooth flight you will need approx. a minimum of 20 - 25 fps). Just do some experiments so you will see what it does to your hardware in terms of performance versus picture quality. Based on the results you can then determine if you need a new PC and if so, what specs it needs.

Cheers,

Martin

fly4food
11-23-2009, 05:02 AM
hi martin, the reason for HD projector is just in case later i use it for home cinema or special party, things like that. now i fly with maddog md-82 and activesky in cloudy condition, so i have to set to 1440x960? ; i get good frames, acceptable cockpit view.

aitor

fly4food
11-24-2009, 12:33 PM
my epson TW5000 has arrived.... and also my FMC 737 from opencockpit, i have to say that opencockpit would sell any "box" that cover FMC, i was surprise that could see all the circuits and wires inside... it cost more than 350 euros... and no lateral, front or rear cover...., and all the bottons are not to good in general...

but its here!!!