PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating issue using dual videocards.

capetonian
12-07-2009, 03:32 AM
HELP!!!

I dont know if what I want to do is technically possible but it seems to be something quite small :)

I have several pc's that I will be using in my sim. several of them are fitted with dual videocards. These are identical cards, FX5200''s with an Nvidia chipset.

What I want, and cannot seem to achieve, is that on startup, two programs that start automatically, start on their respective screens and not on the same active screen.

If I see some of the setups that people have I am convinced that something like this must be possible..... but how in heavens name.

TIA for your time and expert advice :)

drit
12-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Try ZMover from http://www.basta.com/Product.aspx?pid=11

capetonian
12-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the tip. I have already tried ultramon and multimon, both without success :(

caKus
12-16-2009, 06:21 AM
Hi,

I suppose that you have solved this problem.

If not, you can try AutoHotKey (free download). It is easy to write a script that moves windows to a specific place.

Example of such a script :

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
WinMove,Test.txt,, 1921, 1

This script moves a window with title "Test.txt" to position x = 1921 y = 1 witch is the top of my second screen.

Patrick.