PDA

View Full Version : Master caution switch pmdg

BishBash
02-11-2010, 03:33 PM
I currently use the pmdg with cpflight mcp737 and the fslabs driver.

I am looking to purchase fly engravitys desktop kits but have a question you may be able to help with.

The master caution switch is not compatible with mip737 board so is there another way of getting this to
work with pmdg??

Im still trying to learn electronics so need as much help as possible:roll: Bathroom suites im your man;)

I have asked a similair question on fe forum which im sure stef will answer soon.

thanks

steve

ian@737ng.co.uk
02-12-2010, 01:10 AM
hello steve..........
not sure what you mean by 'not compatible'. flightsimlabs say the driver does instruct the mip737 board for the M/Caution (and 6 packs) and there are inputs/outputs from the MIP737 board itself.
so, i'm thinking that possibly the switch is what you mean........correct?
should not be difficult to 'modify' said switches.
stef's your man indeed because i just cant see that FE would make a switch that was first, non functioning and secondly that didn't do the job.
good luck, keep us posted.....
regards ... ian

BishBash
02-12-2010, 04:16 AM
Hi Ian,

Heres a respnse i saw on fe forum.
This was a while ago 2008.
Maybe the fslab driver wasnt out then and the board has changed.
Sorry this is rushed im off to work.

"unfortunately not.

The CPflight 737MIP board is primairily meant for PM. Althought it offers quite alot of functionality with PMDG (like afds landing gear. autobreak, alot of annunciators), the master caution switch is not one of them.

see the cpflight manual and weblist for a long list of what works with pmdg. "

ian@737ng.co.uk
02-12-2010, 12:13 PM
ok, then the easy solution is e-mail my mate Paolo at CPFLIGHT and ask him straight out. he will know for sure.
his e-mail address is support(at)cpflight.com
i double checked the FS Labs website just now and they do indeed say the Master Caution and 6 packs can be driven
with their driver. as it is specifically for CPFlight and the only expansion board they now have is the MIP737,
then it would be logical to assume that this is how you would control these LED's. there are specific outputs on the
board for these.
i'm sure Paolo will be more than willing to advise. his support is second to none.
have a great weekend........ i'm off to take the bride out for dinner :o
rgds ... ian

BishBash
02-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks Ian,

I have come across the same answers as you have, strange that answer on fe forum.
Have emailed cpflight and will also await stefs reply.

Hope you enjoyed dinner:)

Regards

steve

BishBash
02-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Reply from Paolo,

Steve
> The master caution and sixpack that FlyEngravity sell, please confirm >that they are compatible with the mip737 board and pmdg (next on my list)

Yes is compatible. All the MIP PANEL functions that are managed by PMDG software are also developed by fslabs driver.
Master Caution, Fire W. Sixpack...are ok
Regards,
paolo
CPflight

dnoize
02-13-2010, 09:56 AM
The Post you were refering to, dates back to april 2008. That was before the Flightsimlabs driver became available.

Back then the switches used key emulation and only few offsets of the pmdg737 were know. Since then the flightsimlabs driver (which is developed by the former pmdg737 lead programmer) came available which communicates directly between the mip737 board and the pmdg737.
All MIP functions supported by PMDG work.

Answered in the FE forum as well.

Stef

BishBash
02-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks Stef,

All understood now:D

Regards

steve