PDA

View Full Version : First Post - First Cockpit

peterthisted
03-01-2010, 05:21 AM
Hi there,

Well, I thought I'd better introduce myselft before asking all the odd questions in the threads.

I am a 50 year old self employed construction engineer and have been simming in and out since the 80's.
Mostly MS flightsim but for a while Flight Unlimited which I found to be very good at the time. Unfortunatly they did not develope further.

7-8 years ago I changed from PC to Mac (no regrets what so ever :D) and tried out X-plane for the same reason.
Not very good in my opinion, so when BootCamp came along, I was back with FSX.
Running very smoothly on my 24" iMac (I have 2 of them in fact working together via Wideview or MaxiVista).

Until a year ago, my only equipment was a joystick but started out as a birthday present I have now in stock Saitek Proflight yoke, Rudder pedals, Multi panel, Switch panel and Track IR (I do not use it however)

So I thought it should all be build together instead of just thrown on the desktop.
Yesterday I made the SketchUp model enclosed. It is not finished but something in those lines.
Planing also to enclose an old telephone panel as a panel only wired to a hacked keyboard or using the phone directly to interact with COM NAV etc. Could be via a Fax modem and a selft written RealBasic software program and FSUIPC (I am able to interact RealBasic and FSUIPC by now)
A cool thought, but I may need some help there ;-)

This would be my first SimCockpit and maybe later on a "fit a whole room simulator". My WAF is not high enough for that yet :roll:

By the way, I am living in the northen part of Denmark.

So, enough for now
See you in the threads ......

Re. Peter Thisted

Bjarne Horsbøl
03-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Hello Peter

Another builder from Denmark ..Jubiii !! and Welcome !! :)

Best regards
Bjarne Horsbøl

Matt Olieman
03-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Hi Peter and welcome aboard. Sounds like you've been having an interesting Flight Sim experience :) Intersting about your Mac setup and drawing, quite clever.

I look forward to hear more of your project and wish you all the luck.