PDA

View Full Version : monitor bace for mip qestion?

spiro
03-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Hi to all
i think every one that has been building there own cockpit all at some time
have been stuck in to how to get somthing right.
looking at other builders photos to see how they will finish what they started
and move on building the next step its like your brain just stops
and there are no ideas left and nothing really sutis you:(:(
well i am in this position :roll:i had stared building my strukture from stell
and are know going to start from scrach with wood
my first structure i had made monitor holders shown in photo
but know i will be making it from wood and i will rip apart the monitos like every one dose
can any one post photos of how they have set up there monitos to stay in place on
the mip structure before puting the mip panel covers over them
as my brain has run out of thoughts and can not decide what to to
thanks to all kind regards spiro

capetonian
03-20-2010, 09:55 AM
Hi Spiro,

I see that you have the same LG screens in your pit as I am using. I removed the front portion of the bezel and cut the sides off of the rear section of the plastic bezel/casing. Then I used a glue gun to glue the screen in/on to the rear portion of the casing. That way I could use the 4 screw/bolt mopunting points on the rear of the screen. I made my own screen holders using plexiglas and L profiles that I got from the local building store. I'll take some pics this weekend for you.

spiro
03-21-2010, 06:12 AM
thanks alot
i opened the screens and un scrwed the plastic bace and then put the cover back on
i then made it as showen work ok but if i go and put the mip over the monitor it has a big gap and it dose not look good at all the mip has to come in contact with the monitor so it looks real, know i am going to make the srucktire out of wood as with metal if have made some mistaks
and there are more atvantiges with wood
so i will be looking forward to the photos
kind regards spiro